• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Always hiding and avoiding people, sick of it !!

Unique1

Unique1

I never used to be like this, but since I had a melt down and changed a lot. I find I've not only cut people out of my life but I avoid going out because I don't want to bump into them. People are my worst nightmare. Finding it so hard to cope with, I have panic attacks about it. I feel people are judging me. not sure I will ever be able to feel comfortable going out because of this fear. Constantly on alert when I am out, it's exhausting. Sick and tired of it !!! :(

SarahD

SarahD

So sorry.

I only keep in touch with some close friends, they are far enough away not to know how bad things really are. Only two people know what is really going on. Other good friends I have lost,touch with, because I can't bear them to know what my life is like now. I suppose I don't want to be judged either.

Where I live it is easy to be anonymous (big city) but I have agoraphobia now so rarely go out.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm the same I have my dad, his wife, my son and a rl friend and a select few here, but i feel even they are turning against me :(

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You sound just like me.

I am having CBT and at the moment we are concentrating on my anxiety over going out. My mind is forever on the look out for dangers, I always think people are looking at me etc. It's hard.

It is exhausting, it really is :hug1:

xxx

Unique1

Unique1

People just don't know the full extent of it, I don't think they could unless they have been there...thank you all, it's good to know I'm not alone.

I feel angry and sad about it tonight. Wish more people understood. Feel like telling them all to eff off !!

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I didn't really start to understand it before I started CBT but now I am more aware of it and my safety behaviors it's kinda freaking me out more and I have found I'm staying in more now I am more aware of it.

F

fair&square75

I am the same too...it frustrates me because i don't want to be this way,but trying to take little steps,I wouldn't want a large group of friends it would be too much to keep up with and I couldn't hack it...just need to get out more I suppose...I always put off for tomorrow ��

Unique1

Unique1

I should say it's good to know I'm not alone, but im so sorry you guys suffer with it too, I really am, wouldn't wish it on anyone.
People I'm avoiding seem to react badly to it too, take it personally, and it has attracted more attention to me, which is the last thing I need or want. feel like I'm on the run, but I've done nothing wrong :( wish I didn't care what people thought of me..

Unique1

Unique1

I didn't really start to understand it before I started CBT but now I am more aware of it and my safety behaviors it's kinda freaking me out more and I have found I'm staying in more now I am more aware of it.
Yes I've had CBT too, it does help, but understand what you say about being aware. I have hope I will deal with it one day but until then it's an absolute nightmare !! I hope it gets easier for you

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yes I've had CBT too, it does help, but understand what you say about being aware. I have hope I will deal with it one day but until then it's an absolute nightmare !! I hope it gets easier for you
Right back at you xxx

Unique1

Unique1

I am the same too...it frustrates me because i don't want to be this way,but trying to take little steps,I wouldn't want a large group of friends it would be too much to keep up with and I couldn't hack it...just need to get out more I suppose...I always put off for tomorrow ��

I put off for tomorrow too �� sometimes it's just too much trouble..I wouldn't want a large group of friends either now, like you I couldn't cope. I find it fascinating that a lot of us are similar in this problem.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jelous!!! Im still waiting, not that I expect much from it

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's ok. I was lucky that I clicked with my therapist straight away.

It is helpful in some ways.

Unique1

Unique1

X
So sorry.

I only keep in touch with some close friends, they are far enough away not to know how bad things really are. Only two people know what is really going on. Other good friends I have lost,touch with, because I can't bear them to know what my life is like now. I suppose I don't want to be judged either.

Where I live it is easy to be anonymous (big city) but I have agoraphobia now so rarely go out.
Sounds just like me ! Apart from agoraphobia, I don't seem to be afraid of outside, just people. I wish you well x

F

fair&square75

I get too hurt easily and I'm way over sensitive but at the same time I can be a gob sh*te and on my high horse lol if I do go out lots in one week am mentally worn out,I know that sounds daft but I'm like hyper vigilant when am out,paranoid slightly n just wanna go bk home (although at times I've ended up in a pub with a friend or my sister and ended up p*d n not giving a damn lol) I've accepted I'm like this but I need to get out more..hate crowds too..I'm gonna try baby steps first lol x