• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Always Down

J

Jimmy123

i had a very severe psychosis years back and never fully recovered from it. Ever since i am on a constant down. This has lead to me not being able to do anything, this includes working or having a normal social relationship with anyone. I feel disconnected all the time. I feel no love towards myself or other people. It's not the worst thing in the world but i do have suicidal thoughts and the thought of living like this, with no motivation, for the rest of my life makes me feel like sh*t.
I just don't have the energy to do anything but at the same time i know i should do something or else i will never feel good again. Some type of help would be great from someone who has a similar problem. Someone who also has to deal with a long term depression. I'm pretty open and would be grateful if somebody out there could give me some tips on how to deal with it or actually recover, because of right now very few things have helped.
thanks for your time :)

J

Jimmy123

that is the thing, i have talked to multiple doctors. It has been 5 years now and i am still feeling this empty hole inside me :( i am going to join a selfie help program but the thought of living like this for the rest of my life makes me crazy.

chazxxx

chazxxx

that is the thing, i have talked to multiple doctors. It has been 5 years now and i am still feeling this empty hole inside me :( i am going to join a selfie help program but the thought of living like this for the rest of my life makes me crazy.
What happened with the doctors? Were any of them at all helpful? Have you tried antidepressents?

I know the the doctors can be pretty useless, ive tried maybe 5 diff doctors, none seemed to listern they all just gave me prescriptions n left me to it.
Only my most recent vist to the doctors has been helpful, she actually listerned and gave me a number to self refer for therapy. Have you tried therapy? Doctors seem recluctant to offer it theyd rather just give out tablets. So i think if you haven't been offered therapy its worth telling them thats what you want. - its worth a try right? - or perhaps theres a self referal place somewhere near you?

I think ive felt quite simular. Just chronically unhappy especially thinking this is the only way it will ever be. I can't give you any solid advice unfortantely. Im still working through it too. I just think when you feel like giving up and nothing you ever do helps. Try something else. Its exhausting and may feel futile at times. But your right nothing will change if we dont take the steps to actually put changes in place to help improve our situation/mood.
Id maybe write a list of the things that id like to change in my life, and then a list of things that i could do or try to make that happen.
I think its all just a matter of trial and error, and the hard thing is trying to lose hope in the mean time.

Xx

J

Jimmy123

i have been to the doctor and i have also gotten professional help before but it didn't help me all to much. Maybe i just need to give myself more time to recover. i am really strict on myself in terms of recovery. Maybe i need to find someone who has lives threw the same pain to recover, who knows. thank you for your input anyway
:)

chazxxx

chazxxx

Yeah, i think thats a very good point. I tend to give up once something seems to not be helping. Perseverance is key i think. Keep doing it things for extended periods of time, maybe you've just been too harsh on yourself.

I hope you find something to help lift the fog anyways.

Xx

G

Golden

I could have written that only my life is interspersed with times of extreme joy and high energy. It gives a brief reprieve. Feeling this way makes you appreciate the better times. I create times where I can feel happier to be alive and these can be simple things like a hot cup of tea and the cup cake I bought earlier today.

I don't know how to change this perpetual despair and I don't know how it came about. Medication helps but that's all. I think my despair is from actual life experiences but it may be that my brain is broken now and that is causing me to look at my life from a bleak point of view.

Get out into the world though. It helps.