• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Alternative?

M

mjb49

Hi everybody, i'm new here.
I joined another forum, so do not really want to explain all the symptons that i have, just to say that my doctor has prescribed me drugs for panic attacks.
My doctor( and this is a personal view) is absolutely crap. All he ever seems to want to do is throw drugs at you and get you out of the door. I asked him about an alternative treatment, preferbly naturally and he looked at me like i was some sort of alien. Anyway, it is the same question, does anyone know of any natural treatments for panic disorders?, as i am living on painkillers for a back problem and really do not want to take any more drugs.
Hoping someone can help.

D

Dollit

By "natural treatments" what do you mean. Is this herbal remedies or alternative therapies? Perhaps if you told us a little more it may help.

M

mjb49

re alternative treatment

Thanks for replying. To be honest, i'm willing to look at any form of alternative treatment, wether it's herbal remedies, acupuncture etc. I know these panic attacks are not going to go away on their own, but i really do not want to go down the drug route, so if anyone has tried another way i would be interested, whatever it is, hope that helps.

D

Dollit

A lot of doctors won't talk about alternative or natural treatments - we are living in an age of litigation and many doctors won't recommend anything that's not scientifically proven.

Personally I've been meditating all my adult life but 3 or 4 years ago my consultant recommended mindfulness (which he practises himself) and which I've found really helpful. It's a simple, guided meditation and once you get the hang of it you can do it without the guidance and whenever you need it. Try this link for further information. www.bangor.ac.uk/mindfulness

I've never tried Reiki as Apo suggests but he's a qualified practitioner and wouldn't recommend something he didn't believe in.

Last edited:
M

mjb49

re alternative

Hi,
Thank you both very much for replying, i shall certainly look into both of these treatments, who knows? It might just be what i need, but if not, hey it's the hope isn't it. thanks again.