• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Alternative treatments

L

lonelyandlost

Just wondering if any of you use alternative treatments/therapies?
if so
what do you use/do?

I use a lot of breathing relaxations, meditation
I also use aromatherapy along side relaxation and meditation music.

I find a lot of this helps with my sleep as I do tend to have trouble with sleep because of flashbacks

A

Apotheosis

I use a lot of breathing relaxations, meditation
I also use aromatherapy along side relaxation and meditation music.
Those are also the main methods I use. I like classical music a lot to relax/meditate to. Also Raja Yoga. I also use Reiki. As well as trying many other forms of alternative treatments.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I use a lot of meditation techniques, i also have acupuncture though due to cost have had to cut back though still fighting for direct payments to pay for it

Feel if they'lll pay for you to go to the day centre they should give you the money to pay for alternative therapies

D

Dollit

When my dad was dying of cancer my mum got massage, reflexology and aromatherapy on the NHS and was also offered acupuncture to help her to cope with the stress. She still has the occasional session. All on the NHS, all for free.

But the people with mental health problems or their families don't get to use those facilities.

I hope one day it becomes fashionable to treat the people who suffer from all kinds of illnesses in the same way.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I have found mindfulness and mindfulness meditation very beneficial,

D

Dollit

Intelgal - can I ask how long you've been practising mindfulness and if you practised any other form of meditation before that? I began meditating over 30 years ago and started practising mindfulness about 3 or 4 years ago and haven't found anyone else who's done both. Curious as to how other people compare the effects.