Alternative treatments for GAD

kdenton65

kdenton65

Has anyone tried herbal remedies for GAD or depression? I have just started taking Ashwaganda 450mg twice a day and a magnesium supplement. I am about to add a blend of DMAE, Rhodiola Rosea, Bacopa Monnieri, Phosphatidylserine, and Ginko Biloba. It is used to boost memory, focus and clarity, and promote lower stress and anxiety. The Ashwaganda is used to calm and treat anxiety. I am also looking into L-Theanine which promotes relaxation and a sense of calm.
Has anyone tried any of these? I have been prescribed every anxiety medication and depression medication under the sun in the past 5 years and none of them have made a difference. Xanax is the only thing that makes a difference but I have been using it regularly for the past 5 years and am probably addicted to it and would like to be able to function without it.

N

natalie

Hi, Welcome to the Forum,

I don't have a GAD, at all, and my anxieties only flare up either for dental appointments, from a point of time, or travelling on holiday/vacation.

If I can give one or two tips, I always always listen to music, through portable player with headphones, when I'm in at home, in volunteering, and on a vacation trip; also, I like to very much so, workout i am very much into fitness - low impact aerobics, and zumba, inconjunction working out to my fitness dvds.

I always find, I'm then functiioning much much better, listening to music, either for a little, or a long while, so that I don't and it works, fitness as well, become too anxious.

I'm Natalie, oh yes, I'll even listen to music, whilst awaiting a flight in airport, and on the plane as well, where was I?, oh yes, I'm Natalie, and I am usually around on various forums on MHF. Once again, welcome to the forums.

Therefore, I workouit and listen to music, to prevent, me getting to an extent, such as depression, I have different mental health issues.

T

tbilli17

This past month I have stopped taking benzos completely. I had a period of high anxiety withdrawl, but during this time I started journaling even more and more, which has helped. I started publishing my journals online for whatever reason (how I am overcoming anxiety - YouTube), and it feels like I am getting it 'off my chest' by doing this. I don't know. It helps me. I call it avlogging. I hope others can try it.

P

Pixieb34

Hi, Online free CBT courses were helpful to my GAD, don't know if you've already tried one.i haven't tried the supplements but now I will try some of those things. Thanks