• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Alternative therapies?

Apple Star

Apple Star

After reading a few threads on alternative therapy, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some for me?

Specifically, I am trying to recover from varied eating disorders and low self esteem, but along side that I also have issues with stress, occassional depression and loss of focus.

I'm interested in things such as Yoga and Tai Chi, but I cannot neccessarily afford (Or create the time for!) classes. Also, I would like to know if anyone thinks therapies such as massage, aroma, crystal etc. would help me at all?

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I would really appreciate it!! Thanks for reading this post :)

D

Dollit

People can tell you what worked for them but in the same way we can't diagnose people we also can't tell them what will help them!

I use a meditation called mindfulness which I find extremely helpful and you can get podcasts for free from iTunes.

K

kt456

If you were thinking about yoga or something similar you could try a yoga dvd, then you can do it when you can make time and it's much cheaper!

Eleison

Eleison

I see a homeopath, and have been for a couple of months now.
I use homeopathy as a complementary therapy, alongside analytic based therapy and anti-depressants.
I find it really helpful in working with the long term effects of having survived abuse.

Q

quality factor

Hi, I began Tai Chi just before Christmas and have found it helpful in distraction from thoughts , fitness and also socially.
The lady who takes the class is very knowlegdeable about the relief of stress and her words of wisdom have been helpful to me also.
On the down side it is a bit expensive on a low budget.
QF.