• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Alternative therapies etc.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Do you swear by anything else other than meds ?

brought this up as yesturday i heard on tv that rocket is a good appetite suppressant & mango helps with your mood.

Just got me wondering if any of you had heard or know of others.

A

april

Founding Member
Don't want to sound like an idiot but what is "rocket" and I think mango or any healthy foods are mood foods, because when I eat healthy foods it does always tend to lift my mood and make me feel better.

I try to always eat healthy because when I was on A/D I did gain weight but have lost it again now through exercise and eating more healthy.:)

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Don't want to sound like an idiot but what is "rocket" and I think mango or any healthy foods are mood foods, because when I eat healthy foods it does always tend to lift my mood and make me feel better.

I try to always eat healthy because when I was on A/D I did gain weight but have lost it again now through exercise and eating more healthy.:)
Rocket is a green leafy salady item . Usually found in salads etc.

t has a rich, peppery taste, and is exceptionally strongly flavoured for a leafy green. It is generally used in salads but also cooked as a vegetable with pastas or meats and in coastal Slovenia (especially Koper), it is added to the cheese burek. In Italy, it is often used in pizzas, added just before the baking period ends or immediately afterwards, so that it can wilt in the heat. It is sometimes used as an ingredient in pesto, either in addition to basil or as a (non-traditional) substitute.

Last edited:
A

april

Founding Member
Thanks Fedup I've honestly never heard of it:oops::oops: I'm going to try and find a picture on the net. I've probably seen it but didn't realize what it was called.

Take care
April

A

Apotheosis

Do you swear by anything else other than meds ?
Healthy diet, fresh air, exercise; swimming/walking, Reiki, Meditation, talking through stuff with people, avoiding stress, animals/nature, & practising alternative methods.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Apotheosis,

How have you found Reiki - isn't this a kind of healing hands where the practitioner lays on hands onto sort of pathways in the body (so a bit similar to acupuncture but without the needles)?

I agree with all the rest but admit to doing only one of them - the swimming! :oops:

A

Apotheosis

Apotheosis,

How have you found Reiki - isn't this a kind of healing hands where the practitioner lays on hands onto sort of pathways in the body (so a bit similar to acupuncture but without the needles)?

I agree with all the rest but admit to doing only one of them - the swimming! :oops:
Hi - there are many forms, practices & understandings & a lot of variety in the experience & effectiveness of individual practitioners. Simply Reiki is literally translated as Universal Life Force energy - it facilitates the bodies own natural healing process. It works on every level - mental, physical, emotional, & spiritual. Around 7 years ago I was helped a great deal by an experienced healer. He has helped me more than any doctor. He initially gave healing to someone very close to me who was very ill & addicted to heroin, crack & diazepam. From the first treatment they haven't used those dugs - pretty amazing really. I was very sceptical at first, but my understanding changed. I am also now a fully qualified Reiki healer. The form is unimportant I think - we all have natural healing abilities & will develop these abilities naturally over time. Reiki can help to focus & speed up these things. Run some Google searches if it interests you. There is a huge amount of info on-line.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
I've had spiritual healing before, imop ........... it was brilliant .

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Thanks Apotheosis, I'll have a google - it's great that you are now a trained healer, that must have felt like a real achievement! :clap:

A

Apotheosis

Thanks Apotheosis, I'll have a google - it's great that you are now a trained healer, that must have felt like a real achievement! :clap:
It is an ongoing journey of healing, for my own path of helping to facilitate my own healing - Reiki has been a great help.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Does anyone take omega 3 ?
Was wondering if this would help with the c.r.a.f.t syndrome i keep getting :D

D

Dollit

Don't know if it can help with CRAFT syndrome (oh if only if could!) but it is a good idea to check it out with the GP before you take supplements of any kind when you're on medication. If it's okay he'd be able to advise you on dosage etc.

And if you find a cure for CRAFT syndrome let me know, if you remember who asked ...

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
;) Will do erm erm oh yeah Dollit :LOL: