• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Alone

A

abertha

It's strange being alone. I don't know how other people deal with it so well - I just feel like I don't exist. I haven't slept yet..3 more days

shaun3210

shaun3210

You get used to it unfortunately ...but even so it’s not nice all the time :(

Quite often when I am with people I don’t know so well, I feel I don’t exist and come back into existence when I’m alone again.

Strange how things affect different people in different ways.

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
It's strange being alone. I don't know how other people deal with it so well - I just feel like I don't exist. I haven't slept yet..3 more days
Personally, I think your feelings are natural. We are increasingly conditioned by society to separate and isolate ourselves - but I believe this goes against the nature of the human animal.

Human touch is vital to human development. Without it we would not exist in the first place...so I think it's totally okay to feel crap if you are on your own, whether it be for days/weeks/months.

(Note: I know there are people out there who prefer to be alone....I am generalizing about the social nature of human beings, the majority of whom form strong societal/familial/marital connections)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G People 6
D People 15