• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

alone in a crowd

M

Mel8324

Hi All, this is my first post so i'm not sure how its going to go. I have schizophrenia and no private hospital will accept me. I pose too much of a risk for them. My Dr tries to tell me that I am safer at home with my parents. Thsi may have been true at one stage but now I know that if given the chance i would suicide. I feel like everyone is giving up on me.

I can't handle the voice anymore. He keeps telling me that i'm going to hell if i don't hurt myself or others. Idon't know what to say other than i'm desperate. I don't want to hurt people but often i am left with no other option. Thanks for listening.

J

Jess...

Hi Mel,

This is my first post too. Have you told your doc about the voices telling yo to hurt yourself or others? It sounds like you really need to tell someone who will listen. May your parents? Another health professional. It is important you follow this up to help you get rid of this voice.

Take care,

Jess.

M

Mel8324

thanks jess. I have told both my parents and doctor but they don't take me seriously.

J

Jess...

Can you go to the hospital emergency and ask for help? You might need a change in meds or higher dose. Make sure you follow up these feelings with someone who will listen to you.

Take care,

Jess

schiz01

schiz01

Welcome to the forum

When i was hearing voices I used to tell myself that they were not real and that it was just my mind playing tricks on me.The more i entertained and interacted with the voices the worse it got.Try to ignore them by letting them come and go as they please and pay no attention to them.Treat them like you would a dream.Try to occupy your self with something else and practice ignoring the voices.As long as you can distinguish between what is real and what is not you should be ok and hopefully be able to get a handle on things.If things get to hard and you and you find it all too overwhelming then yes you may need to seek help in the form of medication.
Have a read back through some of the posts in the schizophrenia forum.You may find something of use there too.(lots of links and vids).

Good luck and don't be scared to post any questions you have

PS..Mind if i ask how old you are and if you are on medication

M

Mel8324

hi. I am 26 yrs old. I am on a number of meds. I am on clozaril, clomazapan, chloroprinel and largactil. I'm not sure if i spelt these words correctly. Thanks for your reply. xox

schiz01

schiz01

Your welcome
Sounds like you are already well acquainted with medication.
How long have you been unwell and have you tried any of the other anti-psychotics.Some people find changing to a different one can be helpful blocking out the voices while others it doesn't seem to matter what they take the voices wont go away.

M

Mel8324

I have been on many meds. I am probably one of those people whom no med will work for. I just feel like giving up

schiz01

schiz01

Don't loose hope,especially not in your self.
I would encourage you to educate yourself as much as you can in regards to your illness and become more reliant on yourself.No body can know you better then you can.The body/mind has a remarkable ability to heal its self given time.Have faith in your self and don't give up.

A few links that might be of use

http://rufusmay.com/

http://www.intervoiceonline.org/intervoice-online-forum

http://spiritualemergency.blogspot.com/2006/01/spirituality-that-transforms.html

I

IntrospectionFtw!

if your feeling suicidal you should definatly call or get someone else to call a crisis line of some sort, gl mate.