Allys DBT thread

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Hi I wanted to work through a DBT workbook but also share my work on here maybe it shall help others maybe not... I will start posting on here in a few minutes :)

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Here are ways to distract self

2013-09-07 11.04.44-1.jpg

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Here is my distraction plan

2013-09-07 11.05.16.jpg

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Self soothing
Using the 5 senses

2013-09-07 11.05.28-1.jpg

2013-09-07 11.05.37-1.jpg

2013-09-07 11.05.45-1.jpg

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

My favourite coping statements

ATT_1378554375173_2013-09-07 12.08.46-1.jpg

Tropical

Tropical

It's funny how these things become second nature very quickly. They actually become reasons to live. Your favourite things. I was looking at the clouds today, happily, i just noticed them and they made me glad to be alive. My senses are so strong that i need to get outside in order to be lifted out of my mood. Staying in bed does very little for your sense does it. Sometimes i have to hunt down an enjoyable sensation until i am soothed and relaxed, so that i can keep going.

Dita85

Dita85

Wow you've got through loads already, I'm really impressed :) I hope you find it helpful. I think writing it down is a great idea, as sometimes we can panic when we feel awful (I know I do) and so it's good to have something to refer to.

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

Tropical when you Insert an Image untick the box that say's-"retrieve remote file and reference locally".

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Wow you've got through loads already, I'm really impressed :) I hope you find it helpful. I think writing it down is a great idea, as sometimes we can panic when we feel awful (I know I do) and so it's good to have something to refer to.
Thanks Dita :) I think it definitely helps to write it out, for reference xx thank you for the reference xx

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Have been practising mindfulness

And set the challenge of noting every judgement I make of myself and others might share might not but I'm go I'm starting today

My first judgement was omg my toenails look bad, because of chipped nail varnish

Heh anyway will post more on this thread Sunday probably xx

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

I have no idea what you mean. I didn't insert an image. Are you talking to Ally and not me?
Yep your right Tropical.

Sorry I just responded to your "Reply With Quote" to Alligator thinking you had inserted the Image.

So yep it was meant for Alligator.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Hey

Okay so I done my judgemental chart thing but too embarrassed to share that o_O
BUT
I have learnt that alot of my thinking is all good or all bad so black and white thinking.. example.. dizzy busy may look angry and I think omg what have I done OR he doesn't seem a nice person... then later that day dizzy busy may smile at me and help me in someway and suddenly then are all lovely wonderful and good.. Okay so now I realise my judgemental Ness I can be more aware that I'm making judgements and with mindfulness practice I can stay in the present make a judgement and let it go... but slowing down the pace I may need to practice more on imaging thoughts on leaves and seeing them float away, so it will be more challenging to do it whilst thinking wonderfully or in awkward situations.. Okay I also gained more knowledge on the wise mind and need to practice this daily along with basic breathing exercises and doing minimum 3 completely mindful tasks concentrating on 4/5 senses. hindrances to mindfulness is sleepiness, restlessness, aversions, aiming for perfectionism. I am now up to practicing mindful breathing 3+ mins a day practising wise mind 3+ mins a day, doing at least 3 mindful tasks a day.. also I am going to start using I statements instead of you statements
Example
You made me angry.... could be changed to..... I felt angry when you did that
I'm learning that being angry hurts me more than the person whom upset me and is best to confront people once calmed down.. also to think in the present and not dwell by using the floating leaf technique. That's just off the top of my head what I've learnt and done today, I'm in bed lights off too relaxed to go check what else I learnt.. but with practise I'm sure I can and anybody can be more mindful, it's more about remembering to be mindful than it is to learn it.. have made charts and will wear a symbolic something to work to remind me about mindfulness... anyways alot of ramblings which may not make sense
But
I highly recommend mindfulness to people's that haven't tried it before.. I will up date more as I learn and do more DBT and mindfulness work xx

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Ally-I've been through DBT skills as well if you need any help. And that goes with anybody. I still have all of my notes! And I've watched videos as well.