• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

All The Lonely People....

Zardos

Zardos

Where do they all come from ?

Reading the forum allot of the posts seem in a similar vein... Midlife, no boyfriend/girlfriend.. no friends at all really.. Alone.. Isolated.. Suicidal..
Mental illness is a bitch uh ?
I'm beginning to think that modern medicine is completely ineffective when it comes to dealing with mental illness... All it seems to do is lock up the worse cases without trial.. Everybody else gets pills and platitudes. i think between us we must be on every conceivable combination of meds.. But none of it seems to be working...
I wonder why the government keeps us alive... Why won't they give us the right to die ? Suicide drop-in centers get my vote.. This world is dangerously over populated.. Would the world really miss me ? All i do is eat up resources.. I'm a waste of space.. Who contributes nothing.. it would be better for everybody if i were dead.. Out of the way... Give my spot to someone who actually wants to be alive...
I could live another 30 years.. That thought is terrifying to me... 30 years of pain and suffering, and for what ? My life serves no purpose...

I wish i was dead.. :cry:

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Zardos,

I for one don't think at all that you are a waste of space and resources.

Prairie Sky

Prairie Sky

Those are cute platitudes! lol

Meds and hospitals can't and never will offer quality of life. They're a stepping-stone, offering respite from the worst of the symptoms, freeing us to search for meaning and purpose other places.

And I really believe they can be found. Death is awfully final, no matter what you believe might be beyond it. This world is beautiful past our suffering minds, whether we are alone or find love. I don't mind if I never do. It's hard to see this when depressed, but life is worth it. Just to go for a walk and listen to the birds or feel the snow on your face is worth it.

And I do believe that everyone alive has a place and a purpose we can fill. It may not fit with the expectations of society. It may not be big and glamorous. But even if you can reach out to one other person and help to bear their load, that makes your own life worthwhile.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
don't you have children, even if you don't see them they will likely still be very affected by your death.