Alienated from housemates

K

katwin

Hello!

I am currently a freshman in college. I am also an athlete and am carrying 19 credit hours this semester. I moved two hours away, and I knew no one on campus. I am at a small public university where most of the students are commuters. However, I live on campus in an apartment style dorm with three other girls. We all have our own bedroom. The first half of the semester I was struggling to juggle everything as I was always gone with sports and missed the bonding time the other three had together. I am now completely alienated from their group once my sports season was over. I tried my hardest to be involved as I was always asking them to eat lunch and other things. A couple of weeks ago I stop since asking they started always saying they cant for whatever reason they came up with, but they always seem to find time to eat without me around the same time I eat. I thought that was bad, now they go to all the campus events without me and don't even say a word. Today I had my door wide open, so they could see I was there and the 2 of them together just walked right past me and out the door. As it could not get worse the night before they were up screaming their head off till 3 am, way past quiet hours while I was trying to sleep as I am a horrible sleeper and try to maintain a sleeping schedule. I just feel so lonely as I did something wrong to them. I tried to get it to know them even though I have a tight schedule. I keep clean and don't make a lot of noise. The close friends I have made have either been commuters, or they typically go home for the weekends. I just don't see why they don't even inform me of anything anymore and when I try to join the conversation, it normally ends with them hading to there rooms only a few hours latter them back out in the living room talking again. I don't know if I should keep trying, as I've tried to branch out more but I just suck that they do everything together as I am still in my room balling after they all leave together. I had left all my great relationships in high school, and now I feel lost as I tried so hard to try to stay involved with the three housemates.