alcohol

M

msrx5sw2

Founding Member
does anyone know what the affects are on medication if you drink? are you allowed to drink whilst on meds?

T

trainwreck

well most interacts with your meds, you feel great when drinking it ,but not for long, you no what a hangovers like ,well 10 time worse an lasts 10 times longer.the benzo im addicted two lorazepam,is now being used as a drug to drink with by the party set, as it makes you high but lets you drink all night without really getting pissed, but the day after memory loss an you feel like you have been hit with a brick, thats if you can wake up ,you are still sedated so not a good idea,:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

S

schizolanza

I'm on olanzapine and mirtazopine.I drink every day without any problems.

Isuppose it depends on the person and what meds you are taking.I intend to stop drinking soon as it's a financial burden on my family.I'm going to start smoking cannabis instead in the evening.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
There should be a warning label on your prescription box or bottle that states not to mix with alcohol or not.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Most anti psychotics, benzo's and anti depressants say avoid alcohol. That doesn;t mean swerve when you see it coming your way and get it on the way back!

I have had drink whilst on meds, but it's not a good idea and I think it impairs the effectiveness of the medication.

T

trainwreck

i havent seen any that said you can drink .olanza you drink just to get more pissed on the meds. an that is just what happens, o course it fucks your meds your just wasting them or doing more arm, an now you want to go on the weed , why take the meds you have your own little survival plan. mind you we dont want the family to go hungry cos you abuse the meds,i go on one now an then you have to ,it clears the air but every day on meds is takeing the piss i hope you think its cool ,its a shitter

Last edited:
S

schizolanza

I dont drink enough to get pissed.I think if it was stopping my meds from working I would know by now as I suffer with schizophrenia.
I have to take my meds or I'd be in the hospital.I choose to drink at night when everything is done,because it helps with my anxiety and helps me get to sleep.I can't get any meds for my anxiety and panic attacks.
But alcohol is more expensive than my preferred drug,and not as enjoyable.I don't mind admitting that I enjoy cannabis.
I think moderation is the key.

D

Danage

I still drink alcohol when I am on meds, and it doesn't seem to effect (or is it affect?) the effectiveness of the medication in any major way, but that's probably just me. I drink socially, and always in moderation.

The idea that alcohol effects medication isn't unfounded though, but they do advise you to stop drinking alcohol.

T

trainwreck

if you drink on meds your gonna get more depressed lets not piss about, i drink 2 pints of stella every day an feel ok . but 3 to 4 hours later i feel ruff its a trade off 2 hours pleasure with my mates 3 hours later headpounder . why do i do it ,i dont no release i supposes.i dont touch spirits any more , try that its great, that good i flat lined now there is a downer. looking at the scary other side cold an damp . i could get away with drinking a lot every day but i chose meds,an you carnt do both an you guys no it ,uless you want to look 90 year old an resemble a beetroot, ;););););););););)as for meds for anxierty an panick attacks, other than addiction there arnt any? i am that man mr benzo addict

Last edited:
S

schizolanza

You're a hypocrite trainwreck.You drink yourself.

T

trainwreck

i never said i dont drink, 2 fucking pints i thought you were talking 10 a day with it being a burdon on you family if you read my posts i tell about the wife gives me £5 like a little kid a day to go talk will my buddies in the afternoon thats it there is no booze in the house , i used to drink a bottle of brandy an beer a day but not on meds, well thats a lie i did the 10 loz an thats when i went crazy an went in hospital.i dont sit infront of the telly with fuckin cans just a pint of water.my meds are locked away , meds an booze i tried to top myself . can you keep to 2 pints a day then your sound buddy . you must have been knocking them back to be a burdon with the cash on your family stella £2 a pint in mansfield i even have inough for a bag of crisps what a good boy i am with my£5.2 year ago i was on £600 a week an a piss head i burnt out it that simple , sorry if you hadnt read about the 2 pints before :cool: :cool: :cool:

S

schizolanza

I said it's a burden on my family because it is.Money is tight at the moment as I'm not working.Sometimes I do get a little drunk but mostly I dont,and I don't spend as much as you.
When I switch to cannabis I'll be spending about £10 a week.

T

Twylight

I always wake up earlier if I've had a few drinks

I think going out and having a few, and seeing people perhaps in a nightclub doing the same - can be a Tonic.