• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Alcohol

G

Gredge23

I'm am gasping for a can of beer I haven't had an urge this bad in months I need ddddddrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnkkkkkkk......................

C

Christobel

I have a keg of Bath Ale chilling in the fridge - I'm willing to share. :)

G

Gredge23

Give me ur address and I'll be on the first flight over ha ha

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I had a bottle of Innis and Gunn on Tuesday night, followed by a whiskey. Last night I supped a bottle of white wine. I've been a bit boozy a-lately :)

G

Gredge23

I'm really thinking of drinking , but I'm doin good on a diet the last few days (well yesterday) don't wanna ruin it by drinking tho , are those drinks any nice the light kind? Like bud light or Coors light I never had them before?

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I'm really thinking of drinking , but I'm doin good on a diet the last few days (well yesterday) don't wanna ruin it by drinking tho , are those drinks any nice the light kind? Like bud light or Coors light I never had them before?
The Innis and Gunn is quite strong, about 6.6 per cent, so it's quite high in calories I would have thought.

I've never really tried any of the so-called lite beers, so I don't what they're like tbh. Bud and Coors I don't like anyway, they never seem to have much flavour to me :)

G

Gredge23

Waaaaaaat? Give me a slab of Budweiser and I'll have it gone in ten minutes he he

Kerome

Kerome

Innis and Gunn is lovely, the whiskey flavour from the ageing barrels they use is excellent in a beer. Pity you can't get it here in the Netherlands.

So I have to make do with Hoegaarden or La Chouffe or Duvel. All nice beers also :)

K

Keetdaheat

Had a couple cola and rum mixers today at the pub with a nice meal for the first time in weeks. So goooooood.

C

Christobel

You know what they say: 'a bottle of stout makes you stout'. (I made that one up) :)

shaky

shaky

They call them light but I don't think they are light on calories.
Any booze is high in calories
The lowest calorie drinks (alcohol for alcohol) are clear spirits like vodka and gin.

If stout makes you stout
does whisky make you frisky
and beer make you queer?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
2 pints of lager weak carlsberg, ome friend said when he used to hang round with the alkys they called it pisswater, the wine well i'm going to have to do some brewing and bottleing tomorrow as i've compromised the supply

Kerome

Kerome

If stout makes you stout
does whisky make you frisky
and beer make you queer?
Lol you make me fear for the English public, or in fact most of Northern Europe.

But calories in alcoholic drinks are also about the sugars, a sweeter drink like Drambuie or Baileys carries a lot more calories than say vodka.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Waaaaaaat? Give me a slab of Budweiser and I'll have it gone in ten minutes he he
There's a lager brewed in Czechoslovakia called Budavar (not sure of the precise spelling), from which it's said the American Budweiser gets its name. That's a really nice drink, and made with strict brewing and purity laws in mind. My Brother loves the stuff, and drinks loads of it. He claims cos of the purity laws (few chemical additives), you can get pissed off it, and not get a hangover afterwards hehe :)

Had a couple cola and rum mixers today at the pub with a nice meal for the first time in weeks. So goooooood.
Yep. If you've given the booze a miss for a while, it definitely tastes great when you do get round to having a tipple :)

You know what they say: 'a bottle of stout makes you stout'. (I made that one up) :)
My Nan used to drink Mackeson's Cream Label. That was a sweet stout, and came in small cans. It tastes really nice, but I haven't seen it anywhere for years. The closest to it, is Manchester Ale. Similar taste and sweetness, but much, much stronger. I adore the stuff :)

To anyone who's drinking this weekend, bottoms up and cheers! :cheers: :wine:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Mental Health Experiences 1
Z Mental Health Experiences 4