• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Alcohol and Drug support buddies chat. Soberity and Relapses lets talk about it, lets beat it

T

tdf

They are great blood tests results Eddie, just shows the benefits click in quite quickly.

Ruma55

Ruma55

Thought I'd set up a bit of a support network for myself and others struggling with addiction. I am a alcoholic and the best remedy I have found in the past is being accountable to my friends on the forum.
I just want to talk about where you are at with your drinking or drug use. You don't need to be on a sobriety mission to chat, everyone at all stages of their journey is welcome.
That’s such a great idea, right now that’s about the only kind of help I can get is online support groups. I relapsed about a year ago and have been using heroin on the daily. I’m still working full time and working on a graduate degree but I feel like everything is about to fall apart. I also have bipolar disorder and am having a manic episode right now because I spent my medication money on dope. I really need to get my shit together. And sleep, I’ve gotten 3 hours of sleep in the past 5 days. What a nightmare!

N

Nutsy

Not been on the forum much recently. Had a couple of lapses if I'm being honest. Didn't use much, £50 one time and £20 the other. Both times it was crack, that's my go to now it seems. No heroin.

I was gonna use again last week but I couldn't score. Spent the money on another snake instead. Lol. Got a Western Hognose to look after now as well as my Royal.

The urges to use are really, really strong atm. I fucking hate Christmas time now.

P

Pollypop

Not been on the forum much recently. Had a couple of lapses if I'm being honest. Didn't use much, £50 one time and £20 the other. Both times it was crack, that's my go to now it seems. No heroin.

I was gonna use again last week but I couldn't score. Spent the money on another snake instead. Lol. Got a Western Hognose to look after now as well as my Royal.

The urges to use are really, really strong atm. I fucking hate Christmas time now.
Keep your mind on the fact that you didn’t score.
You used the money that is something far more important.
Another snake.
Try to remember that you didn’t NEED it
I think Christmas is not a good time for people with addictions.
Stress, anxiety, compulsion etc all seem to be heightened.

Take care

Talula67

Talula67

Hi guys
I've just been reading this blog and it made me smile 😊.
I have dual diagnosis also. Diagnosed in my 20's. I have been in Recovery for 25 years. My substance was alcohol which brought me into AA fellowship and abstinence at aged 28 and I'm now 53. The longest continuous sobriety was 13 years and 2 or 3 meetings a week for said years.

I had both feet firmly in AA but picked up a drink and messed about with control for the following 4 or 5 years and couldn't reconnect with AA the same after wards for fear of being judged.

I eventually did and worked the 12 step programme with a sponsor and took a few people through the programme after that and learnt so much about alcoholism and myself.

I then discovered different models of recovery and engaged with a counsellor and CBT. I then managed 6 years not drinking then slipped again briefly and embarrassed myself at New year's Eve 2018 and haven't drank since then.

My sober date is now 01/01/2019 and it will be 3 years on 01/01/2021.
I don't attend meetings but have people who don't drink or encourage me to drink around me. My mental health has deteriorated (BPD and depression) since March and through the COVID-19 situation and I am withdrawing more and more and my vice is food, tubs and tubs of ice cream sweets and chocolate binges 🙄. I am on day 1 of watching what I eat and no treats.

I just wanted to share my story with you as this is the first time I have looked at numbers and dates as I take things a day at a time - I do lots of meditation now.

Hope this can help someone and I desperately need to connect with like-minded people as I am losing the will to live on some days and my bed is my sanctuary away from people, places and things with my dog for comfort.

I am an introvert although I have held down the same job for for 15 plus years which usually gives me structure having to get up and out to work but I have been home working since March .

My job involves helping others which can leave me burnt out.

Thanks for taking time to read this xxx

mischief

mischief

Admin
Just got my blood test results just now. Super awesome news.

My liver is back to normal, GGT has gone from 432 back down to 34 . It was getting on the verge of cirrhosis 3 months ago. What an amazing organ.

Cholesterol from 5.7 to 3.3

The diabetes in on the way to being beaten from HBALC 8.6 to 6.1

Got weighed by the Nurse and on their records it says I have lost 13 kgs. Feeling a lot better and a lot more confident.
Awesome results EddieH. That takes a lot of hard work. I am very impressed. Congratulations!!

I hope you had a great Xmas. Happy New Year.

EddieH

EddieH

Awesome results EddieH. That takes a lot of hard work. I am very impressed. Congratulations!!

I hope you had a great Xmas. Happy New Year.
Thanks pal, hope your Christmas has been good too.

Still going very well, still very focused.

Weighed myself this morning I have lost 17kg now.

Hoping to knock the diabetes on the head in the next few months. Setting new challenges every day to get back into society again. Been catching trains by myself for the first time in 10 years, feeling much more relaxed around people. Still have a OCD problem but, having a proper crack at beating it now.

The alcohol was like a marshal amp to my psychosis.

Looking to get back to work in the next few months. Just saw a flyer down the street on my walk for a live in carer for a person with Down Syndrome, might give them a ring today.

Life is much better now, so much more happy and stable with out the booze.

Take care

P

Pollypop

Hi Ed,
I am so pleased for you and so proud of you.

You truly deserve all these good things that are happening.
You have worked so hard for it all.

U

UndergroundBoy

Thanks pal, hope your Christmas has been good too.

Still going very well, still very focused.

Weighed myself this morning I have lost 17kg now.

Hoping to knock the diabetes on the head in the next few months. Setting new challenges every day to get back into society again. Been catching trains by myself for the first time in 10 years, feeling much more relaxed around people. Still have a OCD problem but, having a proper crack at beating it now.

The alcohol was like a marshal amp to my psychosis.

Looking to get back to work in the next few months. Just saw a flyer down the street on my walk for a live in carer for a person with Down Syndrome, might give them a ring today.

Life is much better now, so much more happy and stable with out the booze.

Take care
Your an inspiration to us all!

EddieH

EddieH

Your an inspiration to us all!
Thanks very much UndergroundBoy, been a full on 4 months.

Actually just booked a cottage down the Beach for a few nights. Never had the money to do something like that. At an estimate I have saved around $4000 from not buying booze.

If you are looking for motivation. Think of your finances.

Off for a liver ultrasound tomorrow. I guess we will see if, I am out of the woods with the fatty liver. The Doctor wasn't too optimistic. I'm hoping for a 20 percent improvement.

Walked 16km on Sunday, still had heaps more in me.

Give it a go beating the drink. Might take a few goes but don't give up.

1610016351703.png

EddieH

EddieH

Got my ultrasound results. Went from a severe fatty liver to mild fatty liver. Doctor was amazed, so was I. Will have that sorted in a few months altogether.

GP has given me the green light to start jogging. So I am going to have a crack tomorrow.

P

Pollypop

Got my ultrasound results. Went from a severe fatty liver to mild fatty liver. Doctor was amazed, so was I. Will have that sorted in a few months altogether.

GP has given me the green light to start jogging. So I am going to have a crack tomorrow.
These results are absolutely wonderful news Ed.
You deserve a round of applause.

Jogging, WOW

Where is the picture taken?

L

Loudpipes

Shop is too close to me and across the road booze is so cheap in the shop and if I go to the pub I don't know when to stop then I'm broke for the rest of the month
I always run out of money, 8 bucks a day on it really adds up.

soul searching

soul searching

I was an alcoholic. Years and years of my life lost to alcohol. Made me really sick but I kept going back for more. When I got a DUI, I new that was it for me. I went into a detox program for a weekend then and then a 28 day program. Lived in supportive housing for about another month. Then, followed up with regular AA meetings. They say that sometimes, you have to hit rock bottom before you are ready to quit. Hope you guys don.t have to go through that. You really need education and support, maybe detox too. My voice suggesting drinking to me today. My thought was "God No!" That would really do me in. Don't ever want to go back to that hell on earth! Wishing you both sobriety!

P

Pollypop

Hi guys
I've just been reading this blog and it made me smile 😊.
I have dual diagnosis also. Diagnosed in my 20's. I have been in Recovery for 25 years. My substance was alcohol which brought me into AA fellowship and abstinence at aged 28 and I'm now 53. The longest continuous sobriety was 13 years and 2 or 3 meetings a week for said years.

I had both feet firmly in AA but picked up a drink and messed about with control for the following 4 or 5 years and couldn't reconnect with AA the same after wards for fear of being judged.

I eventually did and worked the 12 step programme with a sponsor and took a few people through the programme after that and learnt so much about alcoholism and myself.

I then discovered different models of recovery and engaged with a counsellor and CBT. I then managed 6 years not drinking then slipped again briefly and embarrassed myself at New year's Eve 2018 and haven't drank since then.

My sober date is now 01/01/2019 and it will be 3 years on 01/01/2021.
I don't attend meetings but have people who don't drink or encourage me to drink around me. My mental health has deteriorated (BPD and depression) since March and through the COVID-19 situation and I am withdrawing more and more and my vice is food, tubs and tubs of ice cream sweets and chocolate binges 🙄. I am on day 1 of watching what I eat and no treats.

I just wanted to share my story with you as this is the first time I have looked at numbers and dates as I take things a day at a time - I do lots of meditation now.

Hope this can help someone and I desperately need to connect with like-minded people as I am losing the will to live on some days and my bed is my sanctuary away from people, places and things with my dog for comfort.

I am an introvert although I have held down the same job for for 15 plus years which usually gives me structure having to get up and out to work but I have been home working since March .

My job involves helping others which can leave me burnt out.

Thanks for taking time to read this xxx
I have only just read your post and there is so much honesty and positivity to it.
It reminds me very much of my own story.

It shows what we can achieve.
When I drank again, (many times) I always shared it at AA meetings.
I felt a failure.
Why couldn’t I ‘get it’ like others did.

Eventually, at an AA convention, someone I didn’t know came to
me after I shared and told me
“You haven’t failed, it is a lesson learned”

That was the impact that set me on my way.