• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Alcohol and Drug support buddies chat. Soberity and Relapses lets talk about it, lets beat it

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

Sort of lost track if it is 7 or 8 weeks off the drink. I have lost 7kg now. Just landscaped the front garden, getting a lot fitter. Keeping very busy
Good for you Eddie. :hug:

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Sort of lost track if it is 7 or 8 weeks off the drink. I have lost 7kg now. Just landscaped the front garden, getting a lot fitter. Keeping very busy
Good for you!

A pleasant 19 degrees in your part of the world, I see. Good temperature for gardening. It's colder here now - around 15 degrees and forecast to rain every day this week.

Nice to hear from you :)

S

sixxdegrees

How is everyone doing?
I'm now at 97 days sober. Lately I find myself having some random cravings for a drug that wasn't my DOC but I definitely abused it for a while I haven't touched it in over 2 years though. Not sure why I am suddenly having these cravings for it.

N

Nutsy

Hiya. I'm new here and I don't have enough focus at the moment to read all of the posts so sorry about that.

I've got history as a poly substance user, you name I've done it and done it to extremes. Apart from alcohol, funnily enough. I do drink, but rarely. Gave myself a heart attack last year binging on multiple substances.

My last binge was at the start of September following an admission to psychiatric hospital. It was alcohol, pregabs, zopiclone, coke, crack and heroin. I am engaged with local drug services, but it's all kind of tapered off during lockdown so I'm glad to have this forum.

T

tdf

So how is everyone? Nutsy, reading your post about your experiences I'm glad I only became addicted to alcohol. I hope you are alright.

N

Nutsy

There's no "only" about alcohol addiction, it's every bit as harmful and destructive as class a or pharma addiction. Plus it's available everywhere and advertised massively. Big up anyone who can get dry in a drinking culture 💪.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Went to the bar. Had champagne. Cheers. Only had 3 glasses. I’m happy with outcome.
I’ll drink sparkling cider for New Years.

losingme1989

losingme1989

Relapsed after 3 months or so, ah well, back on the sober game ASAP 😁

T

tdf

There's no "only" about alcohol addiction, it's every bit as harmful and destructive as class a or pharma addiction. Plus it's available everywhere and advertised massively. Big up anyone who can get dry in a drinking culture 💪.
Yes you're dead right. In countries like the UK and Ireland alcohol is ridiculously overly accessible. Every corner shop sells it, even petrol stations in Ireland. No 24 hour availability here, that's about the only difference compared with the UK, also we don't have white cider, a good thing for me as I was a cider freak and would probably have ended up on that stuff, which I hear is vile. I see you are based in Southampton, I've never been there but I've been to Poole, not too far away from you.

EddieH

EddieH

Just thought I'd pop by and say hi. Coming up to 11 weeks on Tuesday. I have lost 11 kg. Don't give up guys if you are struggling, it is possible to beat it. Still hitting the water pretty hard. Bought an icemaker the other day, so I'm all set for Summer. Upped the walking to 3 km a day. I get out there at 6am every morning, really enjoying it. Take care everyone, life is so much better now

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

Just thought I'd pop by and say hi. Coming up to 11 weeks on Tuesday. I have lost 11 kg. Don't give up guys if you are struggling, it is possible to beat it. Still hitting the water pretty hard. Bought an icemaker the other day, so I'm all set for Summer. Upped the walking to 3 km a day. I get out there at 6am every morning, really enjoying it. Take care everyone, life is so much better now
Good to hear from you Edster.