• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Alcohol and Drug support buddies chat. Soberity and Relapses lets talk about it, lets beat it

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
The weight is still coming off down to 94.7 kg today. Still looking at all the positives. Had my liver ultrasound today, that was no big deal. Been putting it off for 12 months. Didn't cost anything.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Good on you losing the weight Ed is it down to diet and exercise or do you think its a combination of stopping of the booze as well. When will you get the results of your liver scan. I’d had a fatty liver for years but losing weight made it repair itself . Hope the same is for you

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
The doctor just rang me, with the results. My liver is covered in fat, it is pretty bad. Drinking anymore , I will go to the next step , then sirosis. Both are irreversible. Hearing this has just increased my resolve to getting more healthy. Going to blow the doctor away with my weight loss, exercise and diet. Just about to go for a walk. Still smiling, staying positive

T

tdf

Sorry about your liver but it's good that you've stopped alcohol. I've been lucky on that front, liver tests come back fine usually. I've never actually had an ultrasound, I assume because the blood tests returned ok in my rehabs. Just tested my blood pressure using a home monitoring kit I bought in Boots two years ago and it's optimal. Unfortunately I'm still smoking ciggies, I relapsed on them a few weeks ago but one addiction at a time I guess.

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Pumped for a long walk today with Dad. Yesterday did 6500 steps, trying to find my crappy ebay cheapo fitbit. I weighed myself this morning 93.8kg, totally blown away. The weight is just falling off. Really excited, such a great way to start the day

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Approaching 3 weeks. If you are on the fence about quiting, take it from me alcohol is the fricken devil get as far away from it while you can. It definately is a depressant, the shitty high from a bender is so piss weak compared to a natural high. I'm not looking back, I can't think of a reason why I would. Life is much better, everyday is a win. No more mania, such a relief

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Just been thinking about why i have been so successful, with my drinking. It is abundantly clear to me , that addressing other things in your life, the root cause of you wanting to drink, is far more important than struggling to stop drinking on it's own. Addressing the borderdom, exercising, positive thinking, stopping drinking will come super easy.. i havent thought about drinking in 3 weeks, too busy, to much to do for that crap