• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Alcohol and Drug support buddies chat. Soberity and Relapses lets talk about it, lets beat it

EddieH

EddieH

Thought I'd set up a bit of a support network for myself and others struggling with addiction. I am a alcoholic and the best remedy I have found in the past is being accountable to my friends on the forum.
I just want to talk about where you are at with your drinking or drug use. You don't need to be on a sobriety mission to chat, everyone at all stages of their journey is welcome.

S

standon

I am unsure if I am a alcoholic or not but drink has had a big part in my life I do drink daily but when I get home from work it played a part in my destruction of relationships and some friends and doesn't help with my depression and thoughts I gave cut down so many times and could go days but recently I find it's the only friend I have although it doesn't solve my problems only adds to them I have spoke my gp and a close friend but I know I have to get a grip on this now before it destroys everything I'm not blaming the booze its me I know and I am in the process of accessing some support again anyway that's where I am it's a scary place at times

EddieH

EddieH

I guess I have to get the ball rolling.
Been drinking pretty heavy for close on 30 year and it catching up on me mentally and physically. My liver is abnormal and mentally think I seem to be having sort of manic episodes every couple of weeks, and getting quite angry. Very strange for me, I am a pretty happy guy. Had a few outbursts which have done quite a bit of damage.
Yesterday I drank half a box of beer and wine, totally shameful performance. I rarely get drunk and when I do I don't realize I'm drunk. The tolerance I have is crazy now, there is no point to drink anymore.
I'm not saying I'm going to quit, but I am going to try to cut down. I have too. 5am in the morning and feeling pretty excited for the new day. Hopefully get through another one without a drink

I would like to say thankyou and invite my friend @Jules5 who has been there for me for ages talking me through my drinking. Hope you can join us here.

S

standon

I guess I have to get the ball rolling.
Been drinking pretty heavy for close on 30 year and it catching up on me mentally and physically. My liver is abnormal and mentally think I seem to be having sort of manic episodes every couple of weeks, and getting quite angry. Very strange for me, I am a pretty happy guy. Had a few outbursts which have done quite a bit of damage.
Yesterday I drank half a box of beer and wine, totally shameful performance. I rarely get drunk and when I do I don't realize I'm drunk. The tolerance I have is crazy now, there is no point to drink anymore.
I'm not saying I'm going to quit, but I am going to try to cut down. I have too. 5am in the morning and feeling pretty excited for the new day. Hopefully get through another one without a drink

I would like to say thankyou and invite my friend @Jules5 who has been there for me for ages talking me through my drinking. Hope you can join us here.
That be great and I hope you are able to cut down but it's hard I'm probably at my worst point in 10 years another destroyed relationship over eating and what it's doing to my health and mental health I don't know it 8.15 pm in the UK now I have had a half bottle vodka I'm not having anymore as. Have work tomorrow but I usually don't know when to stop I do get drunk out of my head say some horrid things which I regret I am lucky that everyone hasn't turned their back on me but recent episodes have made me sit up and realise I gave to change this now

EddieH

EddieH

Thanks for posting @standon , best thing you can do is have a few alcohol free days. Once you are locked into that 6 pack a day mentally it has you by the balls, very hard to beat it. I can't have alcohol in the house, don't trust myself anymore

EddieH

EddieH

Get rid of the spirits pal, absolutely like crack cocaine for alcoholics. Spirits are so expensive in Australia, rarely have I drunk much of it. A resonable bottle of red wine is $6 and vodka is $40, I'm pleased I could never afford it. Probably would be dead if it was affordable

EddieH

EddieH

Just do an invite to my good friend and mentor @Pollypop . You have never given up on me. Here we are again. Will try to have a good crack at it this time. Hope you can join us with you wisdom

S

standon

Just do an invite to my good friend and mentor @Pollypop . You have never given up on me. Here we are again. Will try to have a good crack at it this time. Hope you can join us with you wisdom
Thank you I appreciate your words and yes the vodka has to go

EddieH

EddieH

Got another damn delivery of beer coming today. Going to get Dad to lock it under the house. He is really good with hiding the wine from me. I found his cellar in the dirty clothes basket the other day.
I buy booze online and it is delivered in 30 minutes, I have no hope. One little slip up and the man is at the door with a carton. Bought this last beer on Amazon it is so cheap, but delivery is slow

EddieH

EddieH

I'm not going to get preachy or anything pal. But yeah spirits are bad news, particulary if you are working. Good luck mate. Hope you become a regular here and we can make some progress with this crap we are dealing with

S

standon

Got another damn delivery of beer coming today. Going to get Dad to lock it under the house. He is really good with hiding the wine from me. I found his cellar in the dirty clothes basket the other day.
I buy booze online and it is delivered in 30 minutes, I have no hope. One little slip up and the man is at the door with a carton. Bought this last beer on Amazon it is so cheap, but delivery is slow
Shop is too close to me and across the road booze is so cheap in the shop and if I go to the pub I don't know when to stop then I'm broke for the rest of the month

S

standon

I'm not going to get preachy or anything pal. But yeah spirits are bad news, particulary if you are working. Good luck mate. Hope you become a regular here and we can make some progress with this crap we are dealing with
Thanks for the chat it really helps

EddieH

EddieH

I think so too, talking is better than drinking. Hope this developes into a good network of friends helping each other

EddieH

EddieH

What sort of work do you do @standon ?, Sheffield was a steel city, if my memory still works.
I used to be a Gardener, but haven't worked for 10 years. I got offered a job at a Cemetarty and knocked it back, would of been a stable job for life. I'm so stupid. Now just stuck at home with my parents on a disablily pension.

S

standon

What sort of work do you do @standon ?, Sheffield was a steel city, if my memory still works.
I used to be a Gardener, but haven't worked for 10 years. I got offered a job at a Cemetarty and knocked it back, would of been a stable job for life. I'm so stupid. Now just stuck at home with my parents on a disablily pension.
I work for Sheffield council have done for 26 years various roles now in incomes supporting elderly various jobs for 20 years I really struggled 4 years to keep it all going I live on my own and changed roles with support from managers yes Sheffield was famous for steal not much left now think a few old factories that still produce cutlery