• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Aish- Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped

K

karenla14

What are the pros and cons of getting aish?

Does getting aish affect someone's ability to get a good job? When someone applies to a job does he or she have to reveal to the employer that she is getting aish ?

Moreover, to what institutions and agencies does a person have to reveal that he or she is getting aish?

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Karen and welcome to the forum.

Sorry that you've not had any responses yet. Hopefully someone will pop by soon who can answer your questions for you.

I'd not heard of AISH before. I'm guessing you're not from the UK?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i think people at work have a way of finding out things, i remember when i worked the first week we go to the pub, i felt i couldn't drink with them as it could loosen my tongue, so i sat theere looking a right lemon

As it was my schitzoprenia got out

K

karenla14

I live in Canada. Hoping some Canadians with experience can respond to this.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I $200.00 Rent Increase! Low Fixed Income! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
Mayflower7 ESA Income based Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
J Do people on income based ESA get reassessments? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
F Moving to a universal credit area ,drop in income Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
I Emergency housing without an income Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
A Letter From DWP Asking to review my Existing Income Support and SDA for ESA-Why Is This? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
bulbie Income Support Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
Artmuzz I've been awarded income related ESA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
mrlaurel Esa - contribution to income based. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
G ESA Support group (income-based) and University? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Wiseowl Warning Higher Education and ESA Income Related!!!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
I £1.28 Per Month Increase In My Income Support... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
DizzyPrincess Statutory sick pay and income support Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
K income support review A2 form Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
N Upset At Letter From Income Support Claim Review Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
L Income support to esa Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4