ah!

S

samthefootball

ACCOUNT CLOSED
WHY IS THIS FUCKING HAPPENING TO ME

Someone posted on Yahoo Answers I won't be able to get into UNI with these qualifications

Entry 3 Skills for working Life
Animal care level 1
Animal care Level 2
Travel Level 2
Travel level 3 year 1

Entry 3 maths
level 1 maths

entry 3 english
level 1 english
level 2 english

I NEED TO GET INTO UNI THOUGH

WHAT DO I DO, WHAT THE FUCKING HELL DO I DO

IM GOING TO KILL MYSELF, I AM FUCKING GOING TO KILL MYSELF :sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::low::low::low::low::low::low::low::low::low::low::low::low::low::low::low::low::low::low:

S

samthefootball

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Ok I need to calm myself down. Im sorry for the long thread name. I just get too upset and too angry for my own good sometimes :low:

burt tomato

burt tomato

Ask a uni prof what the entry requirements are.

Some douche on yahoo answers has probably got it all wrong

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Do you still go to collage? Do they have advisors? I would ask them or you could contact a uni you would like to go to and see if the qualifications you have would be enough. I know some unis do a foundation which mean you don't need to have the usual qualifications, but I am not sure what you need to do them.

I think your level 3 is equivalent to an a-level from googling it but you would usually need 3 a-levels to go to uni.

S

samthefootball

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well I like Travel so anything that evolves that. Hotel Management, Tour Reps, Events planning and management

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Well I like Travel so anything that evolves that. Hotel Management, Tour Reps, Events planning and management
Have you spoken to an career advisor about your plans before?

S

samthefootball

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Not right now but im back in September

Cazcat

Cazcat

I think universities often have different entry requirements for mature students than for school leavers. In my day, the college had a room ful of prospectuses (brouchures) for all the unis and I sifted through looking at the different courses, unis and entry requirements. I imagine you would be able to get all that online now. There will also likely be contact details for the person in charge of admissions for each course who would probably be the best person to tell you what you need to get onto their course. Not all unis will ask for the same things, they often value life experience of mature students.

Also remember uni is not the only route in to the industry, a friend of mine had a place on a leisure and tourism degree and didn't get the grades needed, so she did an apprenticeship instead, she is now joint owner of her company.

Careers advisor is a good idea although mine told me not to bother trying to get onto the course I wanted as I wasn't likely to succeed, but I persevered and got in :)