Agoraphobia

C

cazscotchic

I suffer bad agoraphobia, social anxiety and panic attacks and need some support where can I get this in Aberdeen, please help me I can't do this on my own anymore x

N

Nicola398

Hi cazscotchic, sorry I haven't replied earlier, I have only just seen your post. I wanted to tell you when I had agoraphobia, I was housebound for seven years, I managed to overcome it with the help of a hypnotherapist and two books.The books on their own were a great help.They were, Self Help For Your Nerves by Dr Clare Weekes and The Anxiety And Phobia Workbook by Edmound Bourne, both books are available from Amazon.They will help you address all your fears and combat negative mind states.
I still struggle with a bit of social anxiety but I am able to go out now and travel around my home town in familiar places. I have a fear still of long distance travel by train or coach, this is due to bad experiences in the past. I once was stranded in Scotland without enough money to get home to the south east of England. I also bought a return ticket to London once and missed the last train for that service provider and had no money to buy a another ticket, I only got home cause I tried to ring my brother-in law to pay and they said they didn't accept payments by credit card but decided to let me have a free ride home, it was eleven at night and I would have been stranded.I was in a great deal of fear and since then can't bear the thought of being far from home.Hope this helps. NicolaX