agoraphobia

I

invisible2014

Hi when I simply want to leave the house to go somewhere on my own where I'm not meeting anyone or going to work I feel terrified incase I see someone I know.For example I hate going roumd here incase I see someone I know however in order to get to another town and get the train I feel so terrified and so scared that I will see someone I know walking to station on train or afterwards.its got so bad that I only feek safe if I go out early in morning when everyone asleep and in order to not see someone I know I gp to hours away for hair appointments.i feel terrified off leaving the house and am only getting worse as its such a big ordeal for me,and in the end I.become so scared and frightened that I just don't leave the house and time runs out

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi invisible2014,

Sorry to hear what you're going through. I'd like to challenge it though - my question is, what makes you so afraid of seeing someone you know? What's the worst that could happen? Most likely, they'll say hi and ask how you're doing, and then be on their way. Is that so bad? Don't mean to trivialise it at all, just interested to know why you think this may be happeningx

Much love <3