• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Agoraphobia brought on by panic/anxiety attacks on transport. Need advice!

• Thread starter alittlepronetopanic
  • Start date
A

alittlepronetopanic

Hi everyone!

I need some advice as I'm getting really frustrated with myself.

About 11 months ago, I had a panic/anxiety attack on the bus and almost threw up. I thought it was a one off but since then it has happened almost everytime I travel on transport and I don't know how to stop it. Initially I thought I was dealing with motion sickness which came on very suddenly but now I just don't know.

I had social anxiety and agoraphobia previously but a course of CBT really helped that but this is somehow worse and the thought of travelling anywhere just makes my stomach turn and I get panicky and rather nauseated.

I've tried all I can in terms of the motion sickness but I think the panic is what sets it all off.

So does anybody have any advice to stop myself associating the panic and nausea with the travelling so I can actually get on with my life?

Walking isn't really an option because I think this has brought the agoraphobia back with a vengeance and I just am really struggling with this. It's making me feel like a let down to so many people because I can go out and do simple things and I can tell people are getting fed up with me.

mischief

mischief

Admin
Hi

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

You might find reading this web pages useful:

Having used it personally, I recommend this book:

If you can work through the steps outlined in the book it can change things really rapidly.

Good luck!