• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

agoraphobia and transport

C

calvy

im just wondering what people are like in bus's, cars and planes?

i used to get really panicky in cars and bus's but over time i dont really get it

what are you like on planes? im supposed to be moving to L.A next year and im really not looking forward to the flight over

Star-28

Star-28

take a xanax or valium or klonopin, whatever you are prescribed for anxiety before the flight. It is very easy to have an attck on an airplane. Especially if u fly through a storm. So I just knock myself out. Dont worry about being passed out, the flight attendants will wake u when the flight is over. good luck!!

C

calvy

take a xanax or valium or klonopin, whatever you are prescribed for anxiety before the flight. It is very easy to have an attck on an airplane. Especially if u fly through a storm. So I just knock myself out. Dont worry about being passed out, the flight attendants will wake u when the flight is over. good luck!!
im not actually prescribed anything. i was given propranolol but when i went for cbt my dr told me that it would be best if i did not take it.

i was on citalopram for a while but they made me feel stoned and it made my anxiety go through the roof so i stopped taking them. i gues as i have never taken them before im a bit wary on how they will effect me as my mind dosent want to feel abnormal if you no what i mean?? but thanks for the help anyway

Star-28

Star-28

valium and klonopin are pretty safe when taken correctly. you will not feel weird. just relaxed and your movements will slow down and it helps to fall asleep and not panic