• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Agitation

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Do any of you get that kind of agitated feeling that never goes away??

A

april

Founding Member
Yes, I do sometimes but mine does go away after a few weeks:unsure:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
At the times its affecting me i have to keep moving. I usually end up pacing the floor, just walking backwards and forwards, but i have to do it in a particular way. When it gets bad at night im usually put on zopiclone and that helps me sleep.

Megannie

Megannie

Founding Member
I have had it really bad it was awful but I do still get it now.:(

U

Underthecloud

Founding Member
I have it most of the time. I am annoyed with everything and everyone, including myself, and I just feel, well scattered.....

A

AJ73

Founding Member
I get it when I plan things in my mind of how the day will go, then something happens so events change, thats when I get so aggitated and I let it spoil the rest of the day. I can't stop the feelings they kinda take over me.:(

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
i got it with certain meds (abilify) but I am free of it now unless its "that time of the month !"

sorry too much information

M

Michael

Founding Member
Agitated

I get agitated, possibly not as much as some of the others but it does affect me for some considerable time.
I know it affects my life in general, and I work hard to overcome it when I realise it happening, 99.99r% though I end up realising that I have wasted such a lot of energy with this and for no apparent real reason.
When something does happen that I should be agitated over I seem to be able to work through this more easily and quickly - and my wife notices this too.

Maybe I let my mind control me too much and not me control my mind enough?

Michael

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Ive sufferd this for as long as i can reember. I thought everyone had that weird feeling inside, and i also physically shook. Then for another reason i was put on a beta blocker and found it really helped the shakes and the GP said it was often given for tremor so i was kept on it, but i still had the internal jitters.

Then the other week i was seen by the senior psych and she changed it to inderol slow release and 20mg buspirone and its stopped it all. Its been fantastic the only thing is it gives me a slight headache but i am going to try and persevere for another couple of weeks to see if they ease.

you dont say if you are taking any meds for it or if you try relaxation techniques. Try getting one of the cds and just lay back and listen and u may be suprised

M

Michael

Founding Member
Hi Daffy
Yes I take medication but it is for Depression - 40mg of fluoextine each day, the relaxation is also something I do although I have to be honest and say I do it in phases. Being Agitated is something the therapist said was me being a hard task master, expecting high standards from anyone - that is far from the truth, I expect only that people do the best they can at that time, and be honest about it - the therapist would not accept that.

Maybe I am wrong - maybe he was wrong, I suppose I will never really know, as I don't fancy the idea of going to see another!

Michael

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
I have a problem with therapists mainly because many have never suffered the way we have. How do they really know what we go through. How can they understand what it really means to be trembling inside for no apparent reason.

I have an appointment with a counsellor tomorrow afternoon and last time I saw her she gave me a prescription for a book from the library (seriously it's true) about improving self esteem. Well first up I cannot settle to read a book at the moment, would have been nice for her to ask about that and secondly I need help with depression and anxiety. I have to ask myself at time where these people are at but one things for sure, its great work if you can get it, I mean who questions them? We're all supposed to be a wibbly wobbly world of our own most of them regard us as idiots anyway. I have experience of this so I know where I'm coming from.:mad:

As for beta blockers Michael, I had then very very early on in my illness and all they did for me was give me a nasty cough and wheezy chest:(

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Soz mad hatter, i didnt quite explain that right. I am on other meds as well. A mood stabilizor and an anti depressent, but they do nothing for anxiety or social phobia.

I didnt want you to think that Inderol was the magic pill

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
It's OK Daffy I didn't think it was the magic pill. In fact there ain't one is there? I'm fast getting to the conclusion this is our cross to bear and we just gotta grin and bear it!

Isobel

Isobel

Founding Member
Everything you all say fits. We had a therapist at Guys who was always SO smart, really well dressed, gold pendant, ankles crossed etc.etc. with absolutely NO real awareness of our realities, why we couldn't be bothered to wash our hair, why we couldn't go to or do this that or the other. I got really pissed with her one day and had a go. I'm afraid the session fell apart (it was a group session), she couldn't handle it. That shows how many of her own issues she'd resolved before coming to try and sort us out.
Later though I had a good therapist who helped a lot even though I could hardly say anything. She helped me do a lot of thinking.
As for anxiety, it's there all the time. I think it goes with depression and low self-esteem, expecting to be judged all the time.
Remeber to breathe! ;)