Again

G

gurl2134

I had a thought pop in my head about I don’t want to leave my boyfriend because I don’t want to upset him. It got me questioning my love for him again. So I’m upset, because I feel like I use my boyfriend as a crutch to make me feel better. I keep thinking it’s not him that I want making me feel better, but just a person in general. It scares me to think that, I don’t want to loose my boyfriend. Also, on top of that my counselor and my family don’t agree with me that I’m thinking too deep into the relationship and I need to calm down. My regular psychologist knows I have to tell myself my thoughts don’t mean anything, and not to read into them. But on the other hand my counselor at my program and my family say this is a sign me and my boyfriend are not meant to be, and that this is my subconscious way of telling me that my boyfriend and I are not meant to be. I know I have my ups and downs with my boyfriend. I am happy with him I have good laughs with him and I enjoy seeing him, the only down parts of the relationship are when I get in this mindset and start questioning myself and the relationship. I just need some more validation , and to talk myself through it and all down. Does anyone have any ideas to help me through all of this? Some validation?

S

Swaggo

I had a thought pop in my head about I don’t want to leave my boyfriend because I don’t want to upset him. It got me questioning my love for him again. So I’m upset, because I feel like I use my boyfriend as a crutch to make me feel better. I keep thinking it’s not him that I want making me feel better, but just a person in general. It scares me to think that, I don’t want to loose my boyfriend. Also, on top of that my counselor and my family don’t agree with me that I’m thinking too deep into the relationship and I need to calm down. My regular psychologist knows I have to tell myself my thoughts don’t mean anything, and not to read into them. But on the other hand my counselor at my program and my family say this is a sign me and my boyfriend are not meant to be, and that this is my subconscious way of telling me that my boyfriend and I are not meant to be. I know I have my ups and downs with my boyfriend. I am happy with him I have good laughs with him and I enjoy seeing him, the only down parts of the relationship are when I get in this mindset and start questioning myself and the relationship. I just need some more validation , and to talk myself through it and all down. Does anyone have any ideas to help me through all of this? Some validation?
I understand, I have this with my wife, it's our minds playing a cruel trick on us that we can't control. The thing to remember is that it is just our minds overthinking it and making us paranoid, and (obviously easier said than done) is to realise this and take it one step at a time to conquer it, its all in our heads, but you're not alone, I'm sorry if that's no help but I hope it did help x