• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Afternoon Anxieties/Pregabalin - GP appointment

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

Although overall I find the anxiety med Pregabalin a brilliant drug, however, chronically my levels dip in the afternoons, and early evening times, I have in fact , just booked up a GP appointment, I'll outline the case, and I'll let him decide whether to a) not to increase, so ok, I'll just make do with my bands I once discovered for anxiety control, or b) to increase, and I would like to think, it could be up to 75ml I will have to monitor the appointment session, and note what happens, this won't be until Friday 2nd August.

Apart from that, my other mental he alth problems, are fine.

I always do listen to musicals and music and knitting combined, it's when the dose where's off, I have the problem.

Have a good afternoon all,

Best regards all.

P

Pink1234

My wife takes her daily dose of Pregabalin via one pill in the morning and one in the evening and that works well for her. Maybe that could be tried to see if it helps you.

Good luck with whatever you try.

N

natalie

Hi Pink1234,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I do take one in the morning, and one in the evening, however, as I say, after when the dose wears off, I'll notice at 2-3pm, even 1-2 onwards, my anxieties somewhat dip quite dramatically , and I can't take anotehr dose until in the evening.

As I say, I have the GP appointment prebooked, and I'll note what he'll say or do at the appointment session.

In the meantime, I am anxietie freerer happier, wearing my bands, which I want to get away from not having to wear them, and also listening to music and musicals.

The point is, i suffer something very easily with anxieties, depending what my anxieties topics are.

Thanks again,

Nice to meet you.

N

natalie

Hi Lu,

In the meantime, my temporary idea, is working thanks, in terms of my med, for anxiety, I won't know until I have the appointment at the GPs next week.

Take care now.

N

natalie

HI Folks,

To be quite honest, I would rather not take the med. I would rather just make do with the bands remedial for anxiety control. It's just at the time, when I described, I had a lot of external anxieties, outside of home, at the time, there were far too many helicopters flapping about for one thing, and general paranoia, causing me with acute anxieties. These aspects have now greatly reduced/greatly improved.

I'll have to get medical mental health from him the GP clearence, go ahead, for me not to take the med anymore, or just have as back up for the odd dose, as and when required. I can't do the Pregablin, daily anymore.

i am as always music and musicals listening, and knitting combined, and music and computer in at home combined on odd occasion, music whilst at the computer.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

i take Pregabalin 3 times during the day at a low dose then i take a higher dose at night too. I think i read on the internet a while ago that each dose lasts about 6 hours. Seems that in my case anyway . Hope you can get clarification from your GP as to what is best for you going forward Natalie xxx

N

natalie

Hi ScaredCat,

I wouldn't like to take too much tims of day wise Pregabalin, because it is addictive, as with all meds.

Thanks in terms of my GP appointment.

Keep Well, Best Regards.

Well, I take normally at 8/8.30am, and lately I have been busier helping out dad via his work, he's retiring down as a accountant, and noticing I'll notice, that at 1-3/4pm, my anxieties levels have rapidly increased, from earlier morning, after novelty of that dose has worn off.

Anyway, as you suggest, hopefully I'll get clarifciation, of the best way forward.

Thanks very much.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

My anxieties are finer, this is without taking the Pregablin, and I'm certainly won't order more yet because I have in hand, and until after the appointment.

I have been much much better and also what with the hotter weather dad's not accountancy working at the minute, so I am relieved off temporarily maybe having to assist him, and whilst taking the Pregabalin, it made during that time recently helping dad, my anxieties worse on a daily temporarily basis.

Temporarily, and I am experiementing, I am much finer, without the Pregablin, also, in the past, there were far too many helicopters, from my westerly direction, over above home, triggering my anxieties off, and general folk conversations, and I was volunteering more often, through the years, as well, now, the helicopters have died down, and I am much much better.

I will and i am banking/planning on it to disccus the helicopter aspect, with the GP via in the past, and onwards, from then, next week. I myself, am very much much better with the amounts of helicopters died down, off course, I can't stop aircraft passenger sort, flying above us frome ast to west, west to east, complimentary laughing.

As always listening to musicals and music, and knitting combined.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

Anxieties wise, I'm very well. Just can't wait to get into GP services, to double check on the Pregabalin, and or if necessary, I'll just make do, with the flight wristbands which I once discovered, help to keep my anxieties levels down and at bay.

As always, listening to musicals and music, and knitting combined, or music whilst at the computer.

Have a good evening,

Best regards all.