• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Afternoon all, DWP turned me down *rolls eyes*

B

Beanie

Hi all, well for the first time since I applied in 2004, I've been turned down by the DWP, I read the letter this morning about 2 weeks after I sent the renewel, yet half of whats apparently been read through is wrong, I dont leave the house at all, and apparently according to them I can, infact I didnt get a place at the college because I just couldnt do it, so I phoned'em up and I explained, and I explained the panic attacks that I have and one question that baffled me they asked is 'What are they?'

And also I apparently dont need supervision when it comes to medication, I do, I usually for forget most of the time so mum has to remind me.

And due to me being scared to death of leaving the house other than comfort zones, I currently recieve medium incapacity benefit too.

And my GP has referred me to a mental health clinic to be tested for a mild form Aspergers Syndrome (which to be honest when I read up about it, I got more answers from that instead of a doctor for 8 or 9 years)

They've said they are now going to look at it again, but to be honest I'm really worried, do they sometimes say people are not entitled to put people off? etc.

Last edited:
S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Are you talking about DLA?Disability living allowance?

B

Beanie

Yeah DLA sorry forgot to make it clear there.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Beanie you have to appeal.Voice your opinion in the appeal.Yes they will turn you down hoping that you will give up.You have to fight for this benefit.
I've been turned down twice.Dont make my mistake and appeal.
I'm applying again soon.I plan to exaggerate my situation to the point of lying.I dont care anymore the bastards will give you nothing given half the chance.If I have to appeal then so be it.

B

Beanie

Yeah they've said they'll have someone else look at it and then if I'm turned down again I can appeal, I mean nothing apart from the Aspergers test has changed since I first claimed unless age comes into it, very frustrating, oh well hope 2nd times the charm anyway.

B

Beanie

Been reading other forums in similar situations, I think they did it to try and put me off, and reponse has been positive now that they are looking at it again.

But theres always that little voice in the back of my head thats making me really worried, I'd go as far as asking a doctor to come round (usually brick it about people coming over too), so yeah REALLY worried.

J

just.me

You have to appeal, you have to put it in writing, they are a bunch of tossers the lot of them, had a medical woman only gave me 12 points, need 15 for ESA.

Appealed still not had any money for 3 weeks.

Arseholes.

Had an appointment at the social firday had to go or take me off benefits, had a panic attack getting there, had to hold my car keys so tight so coudl walk in there, my legs were like jelly, the woman was awesome said very brave to come in in the state you are in, said had to you were going to stop my benefit, she said go home, go home and put it back 6 months.

T

triple x

dla

i tried three time to get it but just get someone to help you apeal that works more they ahve to turn so many people down so just appeal it

Gail

Gail

I only got dla on my 4th attempt then because i had help from pdoc/cpn/support workers so that proves u need to keep going dont give up. on my recent renewel they put me up to hign care

A

Ada888

I got turned down twice, and then got it the third time thanks to my brilliant CPN. Yes, you should appeal.