• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

After Brain Surgery, Seeking Support

L

LadyKohi

Hi. I am new here and mainly looking for help with coping with the huge differences in my life since I had brain surgery last year (almost a year, in Feb) I need therapy, but my insurance doesn't cover much. and it doesn't help that I don't drive and am limited in travel to see anyone regularly.

I don't feel close enough to my family to talk to them about the personal things I need to in order to cope with things the right way, without judgement. And even though I meet new people (mostly random men) all the time, its not right to confide in someone you just met about things that are as heavy as I hold in.

So, I isolate myself, I self-medicate with drugs and alcohol. I want help, I want to get over what has happened to me. I'm not sure I can cope alone much longer. I've been searching and searching for chat rooms, skype chats, forums. After this my search ends.

I just don't know what to do anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AQuidel

I don't Skype but you can talk to me. I won't judge but I also might not know what to say. I'm a random female so, it's a change at least.

R

Rose19602

Hi,
I don't Skype either...but just a hint...probably best to get to know who you like and trust on a big forum like this one first before you offer that! No offence.

You sound like you have a lot on your plate. Brain surgery is a big deal, and from the little that is broadcast on the topic ....which is what most of us see....it is not an easy recovery and must change every aspect of life for you.

Without support and understanding you must feel so alone.
Please feel very welcome here. We may not have had the same experiences exactly, but some of what you are going through will resonate with people here I'm sure. Some of our members will have had ECT (Electro Convulsive Treatment) on their brains for example....and recovery from that can also be very difficult.

:welcome:
x

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hello and welcome x

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi LadyKohi and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of your struggles. I hope that you are finding your way around the forum okay and that you find some of the support you're looking for.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum LadyKohi.:hi:
I hope you find this forum helpful.