• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

After an overdose <<need help and advice!!>>

Angels

Angels

Quick story (giving some details)
ok so i used to hear voices every now and then growing up,(not often just one offs), (i posted alot in the depression forum a few days ago because i was feeling very suicidal) I woke up yesterday and there was something really odd happening. there was something wrong, a voice inside my head. its really hard to explain but i will try my best.. i was thinking about stuff that morning and there was another thing in my head, i was having thoughts and there was something talking over my thoughts, it had a really agressive tone, it was not my own thoughts though! i did not know what it was going to say next. it sounded like i had microphones in and someone was talking to me. (does anyone else have this!??)
The voice was completley filling up my head and i couldnt hear myself think. i followed the voice and it wanted me to overdose. i struggled really hard to fight it. i took tablets into school with me because it kept saying to take them all and if things get bad and i chicken out, to go to the office...
i took some tablets and the school freaked out. they called my parents (they said they had to) and all of that happened. the voice stopped talking to me.
My parents took me to get assessed. (ive had alot of trouble with my anxiety depression and all that, but ive never been assessed before)
What I need help with!!!:
OK so can anyone please tell me if they have ever had voices like that? in there head i mean? any advice on it?
Also.. My GP said i might be schizophrenic, but she said that she is not sure.. My therapist said it could be post traumatic stress, and the pshychologist told me that because im only 15 years old, shes not sure.. she said that she is going to get a team called 'the early intervention team' to check up on me because im showing signs of being psycotic, there making more sessions with me because i need more help
and this part is important!!
The psychologist immidiatley gave me a percription of a medication called risperidone (has anyone ever had any experiance with this??)
I dont think that i sound schizophrenic., im really not sure about the voices because there all quite new. anyone please give me some advice? :(
(i hope this is the right place to post it on.im kind of nervous talking about it :cry: )

S

scrappy

Firstly hearing voices alone does not mean you're schizophrenic - I'm surprised your GP said that to you. In my experience getting a firm diagnosis takes weeks of assessment by a Psychiatrist. These days they are very reluctant to label people as Schizophrenic.

Early intervention teams are in my experience very very helpful, they will be able to answer all of your questions. I hope you get to see them soon.

There is another thread about resperidone at the moment - good luck with it, it really works for some people, but don't be too dispondent if it doesn't help, I tried 3 different meds before settling on one which works.

Best wishes

Angels

Angels

i know when my GP said that i didnt know what she was on about. i dont think i am but my psychiatrist isnt sure but she wants to keep on monitoring me. but im just feeling a little lost at the moment. thanks for the responce!

BORTU

BORTU

Angels,

I have had worries about taking an overdose, but I got help and it worked out OK for me. Live in hope, it will one day come right.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

Hi angel, i hope you feel better soon. I don't hear auditory hallcinations either i only hear voices inside of my head though when im full blown psychotic alot of other peculiar disturbing things happen my doctors say im not schizophrenic aswell and i agree. but i do have some kind of reoccuring psychotic illness. i've always been very self aware so i actually sought help before i even hallucinated that severely but as i've come of my medications twice now i've had relapse's with greater intensity. as for advice about how to deal with it i dont know at the moment im on a low dose of antipsychotic olanzapine and i've just about manged to get back to a good place today, im thinking of switching medication or attempting to come off antipsychotics with the aid of some other drug. i do think if your not schizophrenic and quite intelligent then the medications dont hinder you so badly, but it's not entirely up to the medications you have to work to stay sane, and the meds do have un pleasant side effects and theres dependency issue's. i wouldnt suggest you'd do what i do to deal with it though just follow your doctors advice you may find risperdone unpleasant and it may take you awhile to find a medication your happy taking i think quetiapine, abilify and possibly amisulpride are the least unplesant to take. i hope this helped gl.