• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Afraid to leave my flat since I don't remember when.

I

Imager

Dysmorphic and paranoid.

I

Imager

Maybe try Clozapine.
Since just about every other atypical antipsychotic has failed then I'm not holding out much hope for clozapine. It has been suggested by a friend.

I

Imager

Since just about every other atypical antipsychotic has failed then I'm not holding out much hope for clozapine. It has been suggested by a friend.
Sorry for the negativity. I know you're trying to help. I'm just pessimistic about medication. Having said that, I don't like to think what I'd be like without it.

H

haystack

I am on generic prolixin, (fluphenazine), best med I've ever been on...been on it for almost fifteen years now.

I

Imager

I am on generic prolixin, (fluphenazine), best med I've ever been on...been on it for almost fifteen years now.
I think I might suggest clozapine when I see the doctor. I'm old enough to remember horrendous side effects with typical antipsychotics like fluphenazine. Becoming contorted and sleeplessness were the worst side effects.

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

ACCOUNT CLOSED
try all antipsychotics before giving up

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry for the negativity. I know you're trying to help. I'm just pessimistic about medication. Having said that, I don't like to think what I'd be like without it.
im negative about these meds too but im going to keep trying til i find the right now. im seriously TIRED of these voices. ive tried geodon, zyprexa, and seroquel and i still hear voices. you just got to keep trying