• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Afraid to eat after food not feeling like its gone down and stuck

K

Kerry83

Hi
Im new here not sure if its the right group to be posting in.
6 months ago i was fine iv always been underweight but i was at my highest iv ever been and i felt great.
I ate a ham roll and it felt like it was stuck in my throat i kept drinking but still felt as ift was still there iv suffered anxiety and panic attacks since i was teen. Anyway since this happend im not eating im too afraid to.iv lost over a stone and continuing to do so as afraid to eat. My doctor put me in contact with an eating disorder team and dietician i also have a phobia of vomit and im always feeling sick as so hungry and always got indegestion this feeling also is horrible and makes me panic and stops me from trying to eat, im not eating much each day. And only something that dosent feel stuck when iv swallowed them.Im so worried as doctors said i could end up being hospitalised if continues. Im really struggling and cant see myself getting over this and eating properly
Anyone else suffering with anything similar
Thank you so much for reading.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Use meal replacement shakes to keep the weight on until you are able to resolve the issues with your fear of eating. You may have to exercise mind over matter to get back into eating solids which is scary but may be necessary. Just make sure you have plenty of water handy and that your food is well chewed. xo, j

K

Kerry83

Use meal replacement shakes to keep the weight on until you are able to resolve the issues with your fear of eating. You may have to exercise mind over matter to get back into eating solids which is scary but may be necessary. Just make sure you have plenty of water handy and that your food is well chewed. xo, j
Thank you so much for your reply i really appreciate it. The dietician put me on fortisips fortijuice there nutrition drinks but because i feel sick i wont take them im finding it really hard to help myself just want to be back to normal x