• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

afraid to be well.

S

starfish

this is an odd one. i know i am afraid to be well. i know because my CPN told me, and in my heart i know it. my MH problems are complex, and i am having treatment. does any one else experience anything similar?thanx.

G

gadmommy

Yes!

I attribute this to the fact that my gad symptoms are part of who I am, and I don't want to loose the good side of it like my drive and motivation to improve myself. But I'd like to get rid of the crappy part like my skin crawling and the like.

S

shell

this is an odd one. i know i am afraid to be well. i know because my CPN told me, and in my heart i know it. my MH problems are complex, and i am having treatment. does any one else experience anything similar?thanx.
I think I am as well because it means going back to work and facing everyone after being sick for so long. Plus the fact I have bipolar and everyone will know now :(. I guess I'm worried about failing as well :(

lal10

lal10

Shell I think many of us here would share your experience. I'm sure I'm scared too because once you've lived with your symptoms for a long time you don't really know how to be any other way. It's the hardest part of getting well and maybe what prevents many of us ever being fully well. My counsellor helped me realise that I don't really know who I am, maybe that's what is stopping me from making any type of long term recovery as without my symptoms who am I?? Scary deep stuff lol!!

We're always here whether you are well or not and will never judge, I hope that makes you feel better.

Much love

Lal
xx

S

starfish

afraid to be well

thankyou for those replies, i am glad i am not the only one . i too fear for what the future holds. i have been unwell for about 5 years majorly but nearly all my life in a moderate way.