Afraid of the manic/depressed rollercoaster

B

baker

Hi, i am in a really good place right now mentally and i feel my physical health improving. I can feel myself in a bit of a manic state (taking on more tasks than i can handle, not hungry but forcing myself to eat when I'm supposed to, etc...). I feel afraid that the depression is going to come back strong because that's how it usually goes. I know i shouldn't think that way but its hard not to. im trying to think positive and am preparing for when/if the depression sets in i can cope and come out of the funk quicker than normal.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @baker

I could feel the positive energy from what you wrote. Focus on the improvements at hand and be as happy as you can while at it. Don’t think too much about what ifs and whens at this time. Thinking this way won’t change anything.

You are ready for whatever comes your way.

Take care and have fun 🙂

megirl

megirl

Its a hard one. Just be aware of any shifts in your mood. Try focus on the now. Doing the selfcare stuff, eating well, getting plenty of sleep catching up with friends trying to not get into the obsessive (thats me anyway).Also I guess for me a lack of sleep is probably my un-doing

P

Pairou

Triggers for my depressed moods include sleeplessness (avoid the caffeine, and try to read a book before bed instead of playing on your phone), drinking (sober 29 days now), and sad tv. Practice self care, and it's great that you're being proactive about it instead of reactive.

BLACKER

BLACKER

Enjoy your joy right now... If you really afraid, you can write many notes for yourself and you can read them in future or in different state..
Make an emotion first aid kit is also important, maybe you could just prepare some of the things that will make you smile when you think of it, or when you see it..