Afraid of test results!!!

C

cherylcarmany

HELP!!!! First of all, let me start by telling you I am scared to DEATH of going to the doctors for fear of what I might hear! But I went to the doctor with a bladder infection.
after a urine test she confirmed a bladder infection and gave me an antibiotic (5 days) and told me to bring in another urine sample after completing the medicine. Which I did. She comes in the room and says, well......you still have some microscopic blood in your urine, not much, but nonetheless I can see some with the microscope. Then she proceeds to say, I hate to send you to a Urologist because he will want to do a cystoscopy to rule out bladder cancer!!!!!!! I almost passed out. I felt sick, dizzy, and many other things. She then tells me to drink plenty of water to flush out my bladder and bring back another urine sample. That was 2 months ago. Oh My Word!!!! I am a freaking wreck!!!!! I never took my urine back in because I'm so afraid if I do there will still be blood in it. Is anyone else like this???? Someone please respond and help me with this. I am scared to death!!!!!

mami5

mami5

Hi cherylcarmany, I know this is a scary situation but please try not to worry. I had a cystoscopy myself a couple of months ago. It is a procedure they do to rule out more than cancer. If they really thought you had cancer then you would have seen someone by now and been diagnosed. This is a formality they go through to see what's going on. There could be other reasons why you had blood in your urine. I did not wait two months for my appointment, but I think that is due to my recent breast cancer diagnoses and they really needed to rule it out.

I hope everything goes ok for you. :hug: xxx

C

cherylcarmany

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it. Why did you have to have a cystoscope? Were your results ok, and does it hurt? I have myself a mental wreck.

mami5

mami5

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it. Why did you have to have a cystoscope? Were your results ok, and does it hurt? I have myself a mental wreck.
Hi, you're welcome. Like you I had blood in my urine, plus I have bladder issues anyway. It doesn't hurt, they put some anaesthetic gel on first, bit uncomfortable but that's all. It doesn't take that long either and you can watch it all on the screen. My results came back fine, which unfortunately for me, means I have to go for further tests, not that I wanted cancer again!!! I expect to go once I've finished my radiotherapy, which starts next week.

I know it is easy for me to say, but please try not to worry too much, the whole thing is more embarrassing than anything, so I just told myself that they do this all the time and used to seeing it all.

Take care :hug: xxxx

C

cherylcarmany

Can I ask what bladder issues you have? It might make me feel better. And did they find out why you had blood in your urine? And again, thank you so much for talking to me about this. No one in my family knows about this. Not my husband, my kids, no one!!

mami5

mami5

Hi, no, they didn't find the reason for the blood. Think they've now put it down to gynaecological, not quite sure. Like I mentioned I have breast cancer too so it is very difficult for me to process information at the moment. Both conditions and appointments, test, treatment etc. have been going on at the same time for the past 4 months. It has been a lot to cope with on top of my MHI.

Maybe discussing your fears and worries with your husband would help? A problem shared and all that. He could support you through this so you wouldn't have to go through it on your own.

I'm off to bed now, my alarm went off at 5.45 this morning as I had another hospital appointment. Will probably return tomorrow night some time if you need to chat further. Take care. :hug: xxxx

C

cherylcarmany

Hi. Thank you so much for talking with me. I really appreciated it. I am happy to report that I just had another urine test today and it was fine!!! No cystoscope!! I am soooo happy. I was a nervous wreck waiting for the results today and literally broke down and cried when the nurse said it was fine... Thank you so so much!!!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7