• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Afraid of Success ?

T

Twylight

As a Minority there is no way we can better ourselves

I restore electric guitars as a hobby, and if i'm lucky i'll make 20 pounds - I did three last year - it was loads of work, paintwork, electrics, lots of adjustment.

I've lived in this flat for 15 years - I could buy it for 9000 - it would sell for
100 000, but then i'm knackered, i couldn't buy anywhere else or afford the maintenance.

I'm writing an caving story, if it ever gets published i'm knackered - they would stop all my benefits.

It drives me to drinkin'

A

Apotheosis

I restore electric guitars as a hobby, and if i'm lucky i'll make 20 pounds - I did three last year - it was loads of work, paintwork, electrics, lots of adjustment.
Sounds interesting, I played electric Guitar for many years. I'd like to learn the piano.

T

Twylight

I've recently bought a chromatic harmonica

I've been trying to play the theme tune to 'last of the summer wine', written by Ronnie hazlehurst who passed away last year - he was 86

A

Apotheosis

I've recently bought a chromatic harmonica

I've been trying to play the theme tune to 'last of the summer wine', written by Ronnie hazlehurst who passed away last year - he was 86
Great, I love music. I enjoy going to the orchestral performances nowadays. Can't beat a live rendition of classical music. Live instruments are great.

T

Twylight

Which electric guitar did you have?
I'm playing a mexican stratocaster
And i'm rebuilding a 40 year old les paul copy

A

Apotheosis

Which electric guitar did you have?
I'm playing a mexican stratocaster
And i'm rebuilding a 40 year old les paul copy
Nice guitars. I had a cheap "stratocaster fender" copy type thing - with the 3 single pickups, & an old amp that had a bad short & I had to stick bits of metal into the fuse holder to get it to work, it used to give me slight shocks; which was all very dangerous & silly. I can't remember what it was. My bro had a nice guitar, which I can't remember what it was either, & a Marshall amp. It was a long time ago & I was on a lot of drugs - excuse my memory.

I bought an acoustic guitar about 4 years ago, as I was going to pick it up again, but it has sat there gathering dust in the corner of the room.

T

Twylight

Yep, I prefer repairing them rather than playing them - getting old I fear

A

Apotheosis

Yep, I prefer repairing them rather than playing them - getting old I fear
Computers are my main interest now. I enjoy making things & being practical, but also very much cerebral activities as well.

I feel content when I'm messing about with PC's.

R

rwitty

As a Minority there is no way we can better ourselves

I've lived in this flat for 15 years - I could buy it for 9000 - it would sell for
100 000, but then i'm knackered, i couldn't buy anywhere else or afford the maintenance.

I'm writing an caving story, if it ever gets published i'm knackered - they would stop all my benefits.

It drives me to drinkin'
it's hard when you're on benefits to make the transition through to a job. you have to be working in a really well paid job in order to meet what you had on benefits. so i can totally see wh you dont. however, if i had the chance to buy my place for £9000 i'd go for it. you dont have to sell! you can live there as long as you want and sell in the future if you want to. it's about having somewhere to live not having lots of money invested in property.

T

Twylight

Yes I am thinking about buying it

It would be good to give the housing benefit people ' the finger ', and i could have females stay here without being accussed of ' co-habiting '.

R

rwitty

think of it this way, if you did decide to buy then you own the property rather than paying for someone else to have it

it's one step on the ladder to a lot of other things you might want. :grouphug:

T

Twylight

Yep, i could maintain all the electrics
There's two gas fires I would have to have serviced annualy, but I'm on the top floor and i'm not sure about the responsibility of the roof ?