• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Afraid of my roommates hating me

magich8ball

magich8ball

I live in a large home with a handful of roommates.
Over the past few years, I've slowly started to internalize my roommates hating me... It's gotten to the point where I'm afraid of being seen and heard, I don't make food in the kitchen anymore and I only go into common spaces when I'm 100% sure no one else is around. During my worst points, I would only leave my room to shower/bathroom and work. Even though I managed to open up and tell them about what I have been dealing with... I'll leave and then the next day feel as though they all hate me and are constantly critiquing me even if they haven't indicated anything about that. It's just hard...I hate not feeling I can leave my room but I feel like if I breathe wrong someone will yell at me or hate me.

I

irwin

It's tough to live with roommates if you're not confident and outgoing. Been there, done that.