Afraid of being bad...

E

Evagelia

I actually need help.It is destroying my life.This days something terrible is happening to me.I am afraid I am going to become everything that I hear and I don't like.Like,I am hearing that someone stole something,(and just because I don't want to become a thief)I am trying to convince myself for a lot of time that my true self isn't a thief or that my true self is a mean person and when I do something good,I do it only for image,(I actually care about my image)(the fear of becoming mean it the central thing of the story.)Sometimes I even try to think something against this in order to convince myself that I am not,like about the thief thing,I tried to find an excuse for not doing this not only just because I don't want it and I don't find it right.I'm having this thoughts about everytging I hear and I don't like(sexist,greedy,mean,racist and others or everyday attitudes like hurting someone,say something wrong and others) I am terrified.I searched a little and it didn't show me something but It talked about schizophrenia or bipolar despression.I am afraid.I am afraid that I an psychopath and I am getting panic attacks for being one.And when I try to forget it I am thinking that if I let it,it may be something serious,like a serious mental illness,and it's on it start and I should treat it before it gets serious.
I am afraid...

Last edited:
Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi and welcome to the forum :welcome:
These are intrusive thoughts. Which is common with mental illnesses. I think you should see your doctor and ask them to refer you to some counselling. This will help you with the intrusive thoughts.
Hugs
Fox

calypso

calypso

Admin
I think Foxjo has hit the nail on the head, they are intrusive thoughts and we all get them. They don't mena you are that person. You aren't a psychopath - they wouldn't worry about thoughts like you are. You are stressed and maybe need some therapy as Foxjo says. You can be referred by your doctor. Don't accept just pills from him/her but insist on therapy of some kind.

G

goodgollymiss

It's hard not to be numb to violence when you see it on tv