Aeroplane Phobia

• Thread starter Butterflydreamer
  • Start date
B

Butterflydreamer

I have always flown very frequently, and always enjoyed the experience. Funnily enough my dream, until I was about 32 when then too late, was to be an air hostess. However, on the last handful of flights I have been growing extremely nervous of landing and take off. The last 2 flights I was totally terrified of the whole flight. I was convinced I was going to die. To make matters worst, I have suddenly become obsessed with aeroplanes and plane disasters, I know all of them and how they happened. If I see an aeroplane in the sky (which is about 10 times a day as I live close to an airport) I watch the aeroplane closely to see if it will crash. I’m not really sure how this has come about. I also dream of taking trips by plane - in which they either crash or I am totally brave about a flight and enjoy the Experience.
I am due to fly at the end of the month - to see family and friends back home. I am terrified of the thought, I am scared I will die in a crash or of a heart attack. Or maybe have a panic attack.
What are your thoughts on this?
P.s. I have also developed passanger phobia - I hate being in a car driven by others!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Phobia Forum 3
I Phobia Forum 7
K Phobia Forum 36
C Phobia Forum 5
sirenserenade Phobia Forum 1