Advise needed

M

Mystery Mouse

Hi I'm new on here but looking for some advise my partner of 15 years with two kids and a lot of history together has been a stay at home dad for the duration of our time together has decided he no longer wants to be with me. He has been depressed for years but has refused to see anyone about it! It all came to a head this weekend when I found out he has been talking to a female in another country....he's told me she makes him feel for an hour each day! There has been some non friendship behaviour between them...she has now blocked him after days of arguments he did not want to loose the friendship part of the raltionship. I really love this man but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to stand by and deal with this its killing me!

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum,
I'm sorry your going through this, he should treat you better by not having internet relationships.
You could stand by him and encourage him to get help for his depression.
I hope you both can work through this, relationship counselling may help.
Take care

M

Mystery Mouse

I have made him a Dr's app but I'm so confused right now and sad he has broken my heart...but still wants to live in my house for the kids sake he says he has no feelings for me...I just don't know what to do x

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

If it were me, I'd ask for her address so I could send his stuff there, then change the locks.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I have made him a Dr's app but I'm so confused right now and sad he has broken my heart...but still wants to live in my house for the kids sake he says he has no feelings for me...I just don't know what to do x
Hi,
If he doesn't have any feelings for you, it's best to let him go. You'll find somebody else when your ready. It's not fair on you or the kids.
I'm sorry this happened to you.
Take care

M

Mystery Mouse

I'm not sure I'm explaining things correctly as I'm emotional at the moment but thank you both for your advise...I'm not sure if this is all part of the depression the fantasy life and the hurtful words he says he doesn't want to hurt me know more but still wants to stay here to help with the kids (I work full time) I feel like on one hand there may be hope once he has been to the Dr's but on the other he is just taking me for a mug! Should I really say goodbye to 15 years because of this illness?