• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Advise needed - Wife in crises, not sure what to do... Do I call for help or ride this out ?

T

themountaineer

Advise needed - Wife in crises, not sure what to do... Do I call for help or ride this out ?

My wife has been suffering from voice hearing, communications from the spiritual world. She has experienced this for over 6 months but refuses to see anyone about it.

The voices have recently turned negative, this evening when I got in my wife was in a bit of a state. She said the voices are threatening to kill her, they won't say when, but they will, and will carry it out in such a way that I (myself that is) won't know they have done this, they will make it look like an accident.

My gut feeling is I need to call for help on this maybe a crises line, but my wife is convincing me that I should not and don't need to, and that she is not suicidal and will not harm herself. She said all they will do it come around and section her.

I am freaking out, as I don't know what to do on this one, do I call someone and risk her being taken away even though she does not pose a threat. Am I panicking as this is the first time she has disclosed the negative side of her experiences.

Help!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

In this lifetime, hearing voices is a symptom of schizophrenia. And schizophrenia is commonly treated with anti-psychotics. They do help, so perhaps get some help.

T

themountaineer

ok, I have calmed down now.

Yes Brat, it is being arranged now for her to see someone, thanks for your input

F

flatz

My wife has been suffering from voice hearing, communications from the spiritual world. She has experienced this for over 6 months but refuses to see anyone about it.

The voices have recently turned negative, this evening when I got in my wife was in a bit of a state. She said the voices are threatening to kill her, they won't say when, but they will, and will carry it out in such a way that I (myself that is) won't know they have done this, they will make it look like an accident.

My gut feeling is I need to call for help on this maybe a crises line, but my wife is convincing me that I should not and don't need to, and that she is not suicidal and will not harm herself. She said all they will do it come around and section her.

I am freaking out, as I don't know what to do on this one, do I call someone and risk her being taken away even though she does not pose a threat. Am I panicking as this is the first time she has disclosed the negative side of her experiences.

Help!
My psychiatrist (NHS) tells me that there has to be 3 criteria for someone to be sectioned.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

get her help i say - it could well be the voices are telling her what to say x

B

ballerina123

sometimes sectioning is what is best for people when they are this distressed. It is a way of treating so that the person can get better.

would she consider going to the gp?