• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Advise needed please

L

LeonSkye

Hi everyone,

Hope you all as well as you can can be .
Brief story about myself and see if anyone had any similar experience or any advise.
I was subscribed mirtazapine for insomnia and little anxiety on Jan 15th which I took 15mg for 4 weeks ...I did help a little bit with the insomnia but was still waking up through the night ...I was feeling sedated heavy head, headaches and zombie like symptoms went back to my GD and he advised me to increase as higher doses are less sedative according to him which I did so for 4 weeks ...
I wish I never increased!! As this medication done far far far more damage than good .I was on 30mg for about 4 weeks ..
Then I realized that I was feeling so crap anxiety was always there still not sleeping well, foggy head ...etc and realized that it was down to this drug .
Im scared of tampering to quick so I tempered down to 26.25mg which is 1 tablet and 3 quarters ...Been on this for about 3 to four weeks ...for a week or so I thought I was starting to feel better and little bit like myself some days here and there, then I had a video call with a therapist and by talking all about my feelings through this mess I then started feeling really crap again with anxiety, low mood tiredness memory loss of constant thinking about all this mess I got myself into .
I never been depressed in my life prior to all this.
I always been a happy chat going to the gym cycling to work and always up for a laugh.
Then a couple of days ago and after so much rechearch I realised which I'm petrified that I may be suffering from akathesia!!! I'm not pacing around as such but have a tingly felling on my lower legs .. also lately I've notice I have heavy arms too but not all the time and a overall feeling uneasiness, and restless also buzzing in my ears.
I feel so tired all the time from not sleeping properly for 3 months but at the same time feel like this energy inside.
I know that from doing so much rechearch I may be making my thoughts or even symptoms worse by constant thinking about everything..at the same time I feel a urge to do so just do I can get answers or reasurace.
I've been to the doctors again and explained my suspicions and he advised me to drop to 15mg in one go which I explained that I was too scared to do that as I'm feeling very scared panicky already, never felt this way before.
So we agreed that I'll be dropping a quarter of a tablet 3.75 for the next 3 weeks . Quarter of a tablet every 7 days and then stay at 15mg and see how I feel then and maybe stay there to see if a have any improvement.
I'm down to 22.5 mg from last night .
I'm actually really scared about all this and never thought I would ever be going through something as hard as this .
He said that after talking to me that I will be ok that my mind I focused and I haven't got any mental illness.
I also told him that I don't want any other psyc drugs
He gave a prescription for propranolol and sleeping tablets to take as needed.
I have a partner of newly 20 years and a 5 year daughter which I love more than anything.
My partner is scared and she never in a million years thought that she will see me like this.
Hope I'm explaining my situation enough.
Please any comments or advice or questions would be much appreciated.
Thank you so much

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Staff Member on Leave
I find propanalol really helpful. It’s really good for when your anxiety is bad and work wonders if you suffer a rapid heartbeat as i do. And it works fairly quickly at slowing your heart down

N

Nukelavee

I take 15 mg of mirtazapine before bed, and it works great for me. Worst issue is it makes my already vivid dreams waaaaay too vivid. So, depending on the dream, some mornings take longer than others to feel awake and stable - because I'm kinda processing left over dream imagery.

does that seem like it may be part of your issue?