• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Advices for helping person with OCD

D

drizzle

Hi there,
my girlfriend has OCD, we are 5 years together and I have always been supportive, but this year is driving us crazy. Her OCD has gone worse in last couple months and I have never seen her in this state before. The problem is that I dont know how to help, she is always yelling, shes always angry, I cant buy things that I like in groceries store cause she might have OCD with them (eventhough I never bought them before), shes getting really upset and has a lots of nervous breakdowns, she also calls me names and blames me for everything. We can't get her medical help (a psychologist or someone that might help her) cause shes always saying that we dont have money for that and that she cant find a helpful professional preson in our country. So its up to us to handle the problem, but the problem is that she doesnt go against small OCDs and that we are following her plan that goes smth like this ' if she goes against it, i will cheer, if she has a problem I have to tell her that everything will be fine and. hug her', but there isnt continuos plan to deal with OCDs. Also the problem is that I am the only person who is trying to help her, and to be honest I am a dark place rn, so I cant help her the way she wants me, cause theres a lot going on for me to. And I am getting upset cause I know that she has it worse, but I cant be in a relationship where I am a burden and where OCDs are being conected with me. Also I dont know how to handle it anymore, I dont want her to insult me when shes having a bad day, its hurting me. I dont know how much longer I can take this. Please help, any given advice is helpful. Thank you all. God bless you.