• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Advice.

Z

Zink97

Does anyone here have advice for getting rid of sexually intrusive thoughts?

Z

Zoe1

hi Zink :welcome:

I suppose yes that would be distraction is needed .
Unless the intrusive thoughts have to do with being abused
you might need some professional help with it

but if its just fantasies you need to turn your thoughts .

what else are you interested in ?

:grouphug:🕯

S

Started 1976

If you try to force out sexually Intrusive thoughts or any disturbing thoughts it won't work; In Fact it will make them worse!These are obviously Unwanted thoughts and I guess thoughts that Offend you.
You probably do have ocd.That is probably why you are worrying about them?Every Human Being has such thoughts it's Just people who have ocd are very sensitive and are more likely to worry about them.
People without ocd don't worry about these thoughts they are there Inspite of you not because of you! Try to do things you enjoy when you Distract yourself, that is the best way.If you React to these thoughts and Ruminate about them they will overwhelm you.However if you Refuse to React and Ruminate about them then the ocd has nothing to Feed on!
Keep in touch if you like!
Take care and God Bless.

S

sutton

The more you try to stop any thoughts , you would end up getting those thoughts only. Instead divert your mind in something else, just dont attend to these thoughts , let them come and go but dont talk to those thoughts. The more you talk to ocd thoughts , they become stronger. Do it sometime and automatically ocd thoughts loses its power. I have tried this and works for me.