• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Advice

T

toto

Try to think like panic attacks or obsessions appear and see if they stop. At the same time, focus on your breathing, which should be calm, similar to when you fall asleep. And write if it worked.

C

Chemstyle

Try to think like panic attacks or obsessions appear and see if they stop. At the same time, focus on your breathing, which should be calm, similar to when you fall asleep. And write if it worked.
Thank you for all the advice! This is really useful :)

T

toto

It works for me. At least when I don't have problems at home because of which I can't sleep and have psychosis. Sometimes pills, instead of calming you down, can cause hallucinations. It's not bad to talk to your doctor about a shift.

T

toto

Get angry at yourself for being weak, somehow gain courage, confidence that you will succeed. Most importantly .. accept them as an inner dialogue with yourself and an imaginary person / Jesus / devil / bad classmates from the past, but not as telepathy. If you believe me that this is just a brain cycle before reducing tension, they should to stop.

T

toto

Or post-traumatic childhood stress, when children really made fun of you. But not as telepathy.

Finite

Finite

@Chemstyle I struggle with paranoia too, which is often fuelled by the voices who like pouring petrol on the fire of my fears. I tend to agree with ht46 though, who said...

I find dealing with paranoia is more about what you don't do, don't act on it.

It's really difficult and confusing denying my own reality, but if I am unable to check a situation out with someone I trust, I just try hard not to react or act on it.

Welcome to the forum by the way :welcome: .

C

Chemstyle

@Chemstyle I struggle with paranoia too, which is often fuelled by the voices who like pouring petrol on the fire of my fears. I tend to agree with ht46 though, who said...

It's really difficult and confusing denying my own reality, but if I am unable to check a situation out with someone I trust, I just try hard not to react or act on it.

Welcome to the forum by the way :welcome: .
Thank you for the welcome! I usually try not to act on my paranoia by confronting the people I feel attacked by and I’m pretty isolated so if I do get stressed out by my paranoia I’m usually not really able to act on it. But it does make it difficult when I leave the house or I’m around other people as I’m constantly checking where everyone is and what they’re doing but I try not to be too confrontational and just walk away quickly.