• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Advice

C

Chemstyle

Hi there, I’m new to the forum. I have been struggling with mental health issues since my early teens but for about a year now I have been hearing voices and have had trouble with paranoia which has got a lot worse in the last few months. I don’t necessarily believe that I have a psychotic disorder so I’m sorry if I’m wasting you time but my therapist believes that I am experiencing psychotic symptoms and I have recently been put on Risperidone. But I thought I’d ask if anyone had any advice on what helped them get through these symptoms, especially the paranoia which is what causes me a lot of issues.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

too much weed can cause paranoia

T

toto

You have to answer the question, if someone is persecuting you, why is he doing it. To stop believing in the paranormal, ghosts, spells, etc. To discuss each of your beliefs with a psychologist ... or with me. haha. Make sure your sleep is always 8 hours a day. Because obviously in the absence of sleep, a person loses the ability to analyze incoming information, in addition, stress levels rise and it poisons the body. Look at the voices as your voices, part of the inner dialogue. To whom do you liken these voices?

T

toto

Usually before the appearance of the voices, most patients read religious books. The fragmentary hearing of voices, insults is due to the brain's ability to make associations. If a text lacks some of the letters, you can still recognize the word that is written, right? In the same way ... I notice that the change in noise in my ears I can easily associate with short words. I notice that the hallucinations are related to the breathing / vocal apparatus as well. Apparently the brain automatically tries to "translate".

T

toto

If you look at the voices as brain imperfections or panic attacks, you are not increasing the level of stress in the body, which will make them disappear. Otherwise, if you believe that someone is telepathically connecting with you, you are literally making a movie in your head. If you pay attention, the voices in your head sound just like the voice you hear when you write. Did you pay attention? Which means you make them yourself.

T

toto

After the first psychosis or the second, when I was already in remission, I tried to hear the same voice, as I often have an internal dialogue. I succeeded. I would have been sick if I had decided that I could telepathically connect with this voice. from illness to health you are divided by one thought.

ht46

ht46

I find dealing with paranoia is more about what you don't do, don't act on it. I think my neighbours are trying to start something or people on the street just never act on it and leave.

T

toto

In my country, neighbors can do something if your home smells bad, if you raise scandals, if you threaten neighbors. Otherwise, are they quiet or noisy?

ht46

ht46

In my country, neighbors can do something if your home smells bad, if you raise scandals, if you threaten neighbors. Otherwise, are they quiet or noisy?
Na we get a long with our neighbours I just read into doors slamming, cars revving etc it's in my head. We keep to ourselves and say hi, people are pretty tolerant here we've had some pretty aggressive neighbours everyone minds their own business.

T

toto

It is characteristic of my psychoses that I am not aggressive. However, logic can be found in aggression, so it is still a matter of personal choice. For example, here one of the users had shared that he had encroached in the name of Allah.

C

Chemstyle

You have to answer the question, if someone is persecuting you, why is he doing it. To stop believing in the paranormal, ghosts, spells, etc. To discuss each of your beliefs with a psychologist ... or with me. haha. Make sure your sleep is always 8 hours a day. Because obviously in the absence of sleep, a person loses the ability to analyze incoming information, in addition, stress levels rise and it poisons the body. Look at the voices as your voices, part of the inner dialogue. To whom do you liken these voices?
Thank you. Being able to talk with my therapist and my doctor is still difficult as I don’t know who I can trust but I’m trying to be as open as I can without angering the voices. I’m usually getting enough sleep but I never fall asleep before 4-5am as I find it difficult getting to sleep and my voices mostly appear during the night so they usually keep me up.

T

toto

Try to accept them as a defect of the body. Because they are. They say that before going to sleep it is normal to have them. Even if you have them, continue to breathe calmly and slowly. They should disappear. They are part of your fantasy. Is there anyone around you who screams at you? Because my husband is aggressive and when he screams, then until I calm down I have something that I can liken to voices or obsessions. In fact, you can to look at voices as obsessions. It is very important not to take them as something paranormal. Dreams are also hallucinations, but realized, you know?

K

karl7

Hi there, I’m new to the forum. I have been struggling with mental health issues since my early teens but for about a year now I have been hearing voices and have had trouble with paranoia which has got a lot worse in the last few months. I don’t necessarily believe that I have a psychotic disorder so I’m sorry if I’m wasting you time but my therapist believes that I am experiencing psychotic symptoms and I have recently been put on Risperidone. But I thought I’d ask if anyone had any advice on what helped them get through these symptoms, especially the paranoia which is what causes me a lot of issues.
if i were you id get prescribed aome anti psychotics....they should help deal with the hallucinations.....by the way Welcome to the forums....we are a nice understanding bunch of people.

C

Chemstyle

if i were you id get prescribed aome anti psychotics....they should help deal with the hallucinations.....by the way Welcome to the forums....we are a nice understanding bunch of people.
Hi there thank you for the welcome! I am currently on risperidone but have only been on it for a few months, however I have read through the forums and lots of people have said clozapine and aripiprazole has helped them so perhaps I’ll speak to my doctor about those if the risperidone doesn’t work.