• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

advice:)

sam999

sam999

hey im just putting a triggerwarning that ill be mentioning disorderd Eating here:)(im not diagnosed with any Eating disorder so im not putting it in the ed Forum)

so Holidays have been like hell to me. I've had difficulties managing my eating disorder. my mom said i lost weight but i feel i gained. i also relapsed with selfharm more than once.
so i just wanted to ask if yall know some good Methods of like prevent a relapse. like with sh and Eating. ist fine if not i just wanted to vent to someone a bit haha.
hope yall have a good day/night

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

undereating, overeating, and self-harm, all sound like methods used to escape the mind, to force the mind more into the senses and the here now.

are you comparing yourself to others and feeling inferior? which then causes anxiety, which then reduces intelligence, which then causes behavior problems, which then causes more feelings of inferiority, which then causes a whole boatload of suffering that you try and escape from by forcing yourself more into the senses by undereating, overeating, or self-harm. and by being more in the senses there is less mind, which makes less suffering.

what starts all this is some genetic trait that is less accepted by society that then triggers this viscous circle snowball effect and turns it into a giant problem. and until the person digs deep down and finds that root cause it will just get worse and worse leading to mental illness. this is why black people were seen as inferior for a long time in the past. its a giant illusion created by the human mind. the mind is trying so hard to make its illusion real. it takes a large mental capacity to do this. and alot of wasted energy.

TheSadnessWillLastForever

TheSadnessWillLastForever

I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for but for SH try snapping a rubber band on your skin, holding an ice cube, even doodling on the spot you want to SH to prevent you from doing it. There are even helpline you can call or text (whichever makes you most comfortable) and for eating I would stay away from scales and full body mirrors so you don't feel as self conscious and don't obsess over a number