• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Advice

J

J47

For some strange reason, I keep having weird thoughts where I think I’m about to say something obscene when talking to other people. Not really sure why this is happening. Often find myself ruminating after conversations. Does anyone else do this?

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Actually yes. I get scared of making a big mistake or embarrassing myself in conversation. I always feel like people are playing Stuff behind my back. It’s part of my paranoia

J

J47

Actually yes. I get scared of making a big mistake or embarrassing myself in conversation. I always feel like people are playing Stuff behind my back. It’s part of my paranoia

Thanks for your reply! :)

Yeah I understand the fear of making a mistake and embarrassing myself. I just had a telephone conversation with a friend and was worried that I would say something completely inappropriate for no reason! It’s difficult trying to understand why I would think this way!!! It makes no sense! I was feel anxious and worried and distressed afterwards. Mostly I feel out of control.

It’s nice to talk to someone about it!

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Thanks for your reply! :)

Yeah I understand the fear of making a mistake and embarrassing myself. I just had a telephone conversation with a friend and was worried that I would say something completely inappropriate for no reason! It’s difficult trying to understand why I would think this way!!! It makes no sense! I was feel anxious and worried and distressed afterwards. Mostly I feel out of control.

It’s nice to talk to someone about it!
ive experienced such people. Schio disorders can cause this, an out lashes of phrases and words that make no sense or are embarrassing. I felt bad to see someone go through this why does you friend think you’d do this?

J

J47

ive experienced such people. Schio disorders can cause this, an out lashes of phrases and words that make no sense or are embarrassing. I felt bad to see someone go through this why does you friend think you’d do this?

I don’t think that my friend realises that I have these bizarre thoughts! I haven’t mentioned anything to him about it as too embarrassing!!! On the surface, we have a normal conversation, so he isn’t aware that I have weird thoughts, which is scary.

I’ve read some other information online about what I seem to be going through. Not sure if it’s OCD (or Pure-O) as some people have written articles saying they have experienced similar things

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I don’t think that my friend realises that I have these bizarre thoughts! I haven’t mentioned anything to him about it as too embarrassing!!! On the surface, we have a normal conversation, so he isn’t aware that I have weird thoughts, which is scary.

I’ve read some other information online about what I seem to be going through. Not sure if it’s OCD (or Pure-O) as some people have written articles saying they have experienced similar things
Not sure exactly what it’s called but good luck with your friend. I know mental illness can come between friends. I know that one well. I hope your friendship can pull through.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

“Intrusive thoughts are thoughts that seem to become stuck in your mind. They can cause distress, since the nature of the thought might be upsetting. They may also reoccur frequently, which can make the concern worse. Intrusive thoughts may be violent or disturbing.”

This may be what you are feeling you have.

Symptoms

“The content of unwanted intrusive thoughts often focuses on sexual or violent or socially unacceptable images. People who experience unwanted intrusive thoughts are afraid that they might commit the acts they picture in their mind. They also fear the thoughts mean something terrible about them.”

J

J47

“Intrusive thoughts are thoughts that seem to become stuck in your mind. They can cause distress, since the nature of the thought might be upsetting. They may also reoccur frequently, which can make the concern worse. Intrusive thoughts may be violent or disturbing.”

This may be what you are feeling you have.

Symptoms

“The content of unwanted intrusive thoughts often focuses on sexual or violent or socially unacceptable images. People who experience unwanted intrusive thoughts are afraid that they might commit the acts they picture in their mind. They also fear the thoughts mean something terrible about them.”

Yes this is how I feel!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Hearing Voices Forum 1
wollie Hearing Voices Forum 13
R Hearing Voices Forum 1
vulch Hearing Voices Forum 4