• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

advice?

V

vanepon

Hello! This is my first time posting something like this and in this kind of place too haha;; I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but....

So, for the past few months I've been feeling extremely... "nervous"? I'm not sure how to describe it, but I've been close to almost breaking down in public places. Recently, I went somewhere as a school trip for students, but we were split into groups. I was already alone and felt scared. There were about 40 students in each, so I felt that it was normal to feel scared. However, every single moment scared me, and I was terrified. I felt as though everyone was staring and judging me. Similarly, I was brought to a small store and there was a large crowd of people there. There were no tables, so we were left to stand, and I began to panic. I felt my chest begin to tighten and almost cried, feeling the same as though everyone were judging and looking at me. This happens at school too.

That was quite long but... I'm still young and I am surrounded by people who tell me that it's not a big deal and that I'm just being worried for nothing. But I'm starting to avoid going out and becoming more and more worried for myself, as my thoughts and actions are becoming more harmful and dangerous. Am I developing social anxiety or is it just me really being worried for nothing? Thank you if you've read all of this! Please tell me if I should have put this somewhere else.....!

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi and welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear that you are having hard time.
What you are describing pretty much sounds like social anxiety.
Have you seemed professional help? You need to get diagnosed so you can look further into treatment and see what fits best for your condition.

I hope you feel better soon and good luck.