• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Advice when feeling low

M

Mary on the hill

That's a great idea. I think there are lots of free games you can try. i would recommed a tower defence game; if of course it interests you. I think they are very addictive, such as 'Bloons'(a game you can check out on google) as you set up different objects in order to stop some balooons from getting to a destination. You have to pop the balloons. Its very fun i think. Tell me what you think and if you decide to try it out.
Wow. I'm gonna check those two out. Thanks.

Ramson mash

Ramson mash

Hi, Mary
Sorry for my late response here. Glad you are trying it out and i'm glad i can help to find some games for you.

Here is a video of someone playing the latest bloons game.

I think the person is playing at quite high speed so it can be set to easier difficulty if needed.

Ramson mash

Ramson mash

Be sure to be careful when downloading any programs for your computer though. You shouldnt have any problems with these free games but just be safe and let me know if i can help, im no expert though.

J

Jomp

Computer games are fine as a distraction, but they're not going to help long-term, as they further isolate and create a false bubble of security, which makes getting back out there more difficult.

The best short-term solution is exercise. Exercise shifts your mental focus, releases endorphins to make you feel more positive and helps the body operate effectively.

M

Mary on the hill

Be sure to be careful when downloading any programs for your computer though. You shouldnt have any problems with these free games but just be safe and let me know if i can help, im no expert though.
Thanks. It looks like a lot of fun.

T

Toniyl40

I’m no good for advice. My mood is always is down. But I feel a little better listening to music.

M

Mistral

When I get very depressed, I do something that is not too demanding, but is useful. In my case it is washing the dishes (I do not have a dishwasher), tidying, or watering plants etc. Anything useful that will take only about 10 minutes. Even spending just ten minutes on something I have been putting off doing for a long while, such a my tax return. The fact that I know that I will only be spending 10 minutes on it makes it seem much less daunting.

I sometimes will write a list of six things I need to do and spend only ten minutes on each of them or spend two periods of 10 minutes on one thing separated by 10 minutes on something else After doing the things on the list, I will have been fully active of an hour. It is amazing what you can get done by doing this.

K

karl7

Hi guys,

Just after some advice, when the low mood hits what do you find a good coping strategy?
when im depressed, i just flake out in front of the tv......take it easy as much as i can

P

Prycejosh1987

Hi guys,

Just after some advice, when the low mood hits what do you find a good coping strategy?
I listen to music. There is reading a good book, i like picture books. I read spiritual material.

I

Idontknowwhattonamethis93

Video games and reading help me feel better and relax when i'm in a bad mood